Used / Recon diagnosis by BMW Msia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Woon Ann

Good day all Sifus,

I'm wondering if we can send used UDMs or recon version to AB or other BMW service center to do the diagnosis?
and what did they really do if can? How much do they charge?

So far I heard and saw was sending to reliable workshop but not BMW service center.
Anyhow BMW service center still knows its own machine better right?
Anyone did this before?

Yes you can bring re-cond BMW to AB.
They will charge you a certain fee (i forgot was it RM1k or RM1k+++) to retrieve your car's data via their system.
So after their obtain all your car's data, they can proceed with the maintainence/service accordingly.

Because previously i bought an E92 from AB. Then my friend also bought an E92 but a re-cond unit. He preferred the car to be maintained by AB. I that's how I know they do charge a certain amount of fee. But that was a couple of years ago.

You can walk in to AB personally or call up your nearest AB to get a first hand, in depth and up to date info about it.

Cheers.

Ian Fleming said:
Yes you can bring re-cond BMW to AB.
They will charge you a certain fee (i forgot was it RM1k or RM1k+++) to retrieve your car's data via their system.
So after their obtain all your car's data, they can proceed with the maintainence/service accordingly.

Because previously i bought an E92 from AB. Then my friend also bought an E92 but a re-cond unit. He preferred the car to be maintained by AB. I that's how I know they do charge a certain amount of fee. But that was a couple of years ago.

You can walk in to AB personally or call up your nearest AB to get a first hand, in depth and up to date info about it.

Cheers.

Wow. That's quite a lot. RM1k just to retrieve data from their system.
I thought they able to do those check up like what was wrong to the car and any parts need to be service.
Should ask AB for more on what's 1k included. LOL

Woon Ann said:
Wow. That's quite a lot. RM1k just to retrieve data from their system.
I thought they able to do those check up like what was wrong to the car and any parts need to be service.
Should ask AB for more on what's 1k included. LOL
Yes those services are included too. They'll run a full diagnostic on the car, will give u ur car's health report. Not inclusive of repairs n replacements of parts or other services.

gendong said:
Yes those services are included too. They'll run a full diagnostic on the car, will give u ur car's health report. Not inclusive of repairs n replacements of parts or other services.

Of course not included those replacements and repairs. Hahaha.
As a newbie, I'm wondering how much does outside mechanic will charge for the same thing?

for outside mechanic, very much dependent on ur relationship with the mechanic i guess. some wld charge maybe RM100? some, a cup of coffee maybe.... so find those mech that u plan to build a relationship with when it comes to ur ride....... will do wonders in the long run when u service the car

gendong said:
for outside mechanic, very much dependent on ur relationship with the mechanic i guess. some wld charge maybe RM100? some, a cup of coffee maybe.... so find those mech that u plan to build a relationship with when it comes to ur ride....... will do wonders in the long run when u service the car
I thought they should have a price. Hmmmm. Hahaha. Then should start teh tarik around.

Top Bottom