US M3 cams or Schrick cams for E36 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
leforte;303472 said:
hey dick! thats you bmw 328is...

i have already answered your question. anyway, this is not a encyclopedia for you. we are not oblige to satisfied your stupid power achiving endeavers when you know nothing about it.

hey pussy, why u bother to reply me at the first place. i tink u just dun know ur stuff.

Gurus and friends,

Thanks for your inputs...

Okay, i think i've made up my mind, i'll stick to my current setup for the time being.
Slide, i think i'll follow your advise. Will migrate to E46/E90 M3 or M5 maybe middle of next year when the funds are sufficient.

As for now, my gear box needs to be checked i think since everytime i accelerate from standstill or low speed, the is a prominent vibration on the left rear tire (like the wheel bearing is 'slipping').

Yes, ive checked the driveshaft coupling, yet even after the replacement, problem still persist. Tested the driveshaft ops when the rear end is jacked up and accelerator pressed, no vibration, but on the road its like a tractor dragging from 0 - 60. After that its smooth, i.e. only happens in lower gears.

PM me for advise please. Thanks!
:top:

hi there, I'm having the same problem even after changing the coupling. Suspect that it could be the shaft itself that is giving problems. What I'm doing now is to see how long the new set of coupling can tahan, if cracks very soon then it could be the shaft.

good luck man, keep me updated.

bmw 328is;303477 said:
hey pussy, why u bother to reply me at the first place. i tink u just dun know ur stuff.

hello!!! bmw328is,

talking about not knowing his stuff? werent you the dumb fool that ask about putting on a wrong sets of cam for a 328i? maybe you cant read either huh? you are just another fool with a car and pea for brain who doesnt know what it needs to make a car run. infact you sound just like the stupid kid with a m5 who crash and burn... sigh..i hope you dont end up like him but if you do, its not a supprising thing.

truth is, you are thebiggest dumb piece of St[[1t here, being a dick or have non at all. most of the reply given by leforte and others have been direct, factual, kind and helpful not to mention highly informative to everyone. he owes your dumb pea brain nothing and is not obliged to answer anything. having been there and done that on most performance mods, he indeed has more hands on experience than anyone i can think of here. if you want a definate answer that suits your stupid needs, you should go pay for professional advice, cant afford to pay??, dont come posting your question here in a public forum and you expect someone to answer you with a tone like that?? dream on ...

Okay, okay, everybody chill....:burnout:

Appreciated ALL the inputs given by everyone, even the wrong ones taught us what NOT to do right? At any rate, we are all here bcause we enjoy our UDMs. So keep the brotherhood strong ok.

Climenta, I'll keep you informed. Based on my mechanic in Bangi, he says the main gearbox shaft connected to the drive shaft sudah bengkok, as a result of driveshaft coupling already rosak but still accelerate like crazy...hahaha....:rock:
So when im back in KL, i'll get him to check it out. Gear box mau turun ooo...apparently its not expensive the part yg rosak tuu, cuma byk kerja nak buat to access it.

As for the part accelerate like crazy tuu, what can i say, its a modded 328i. You expect me to let those Golf GTis or the newer 525i pass me ka? hahaha...not without a fight they wont...:cool:

Look! There's one now...:fight:

Okay guys,

Here it is the update on the great vibrations (there is a song with this title!) that my car experienced last time.

It was sent to the w/shop over last weekend and today, when i tested the car, it was already okay. The mechanic said they have checked and found that the longshaft coupling sudah rosak and the GB? or GV? (i dunno:stupid: ) also jammed. So tukar the lot.

Hmm...need to confirm like what you said Climenta, maybe its the longshaft also sudah bengkok like cue sticks at public snooker centers also. So need to check the longshaft's "straightness". How can this be done? Any idea?

Btw, since the car is on the w/shop, i also asked them to rectify my signal, door actuator, do compression test, rebore manifold as per BBTB size, change air sensor, and check valve clearance. So far up to compression test is done.

The rest still outstanding until Friday...huh...:106: no choice but to use the more sedate other car...

bmw 328is;303477 said:

hey felix looks like you're being dragged in.... :106:

haha :rolleyes:

leforte;303405 said:
it can be fitted, however, do be warn that any of the above cams are useless without additional strenghtening of the valvetrain for high rpm use what more with a aggresive cam that you ask!

ultimately it all depends on how good is the mechanic on cam installation and cam timing ANd if he has the proper tools required to do it. after the installation, a simple hand winding of the engine will tell if its touching the piston at tdc.

Shrick recommends that certain parts of the drivetrain use the strengthening valve springs, titanium retainers,etc,etc with the shrick cams, and i agree with leforte on his input on the Shricks. Valve float will certainly happen on high RPMs which the Shrick cams are made to perform at those high RPMs. Putting the shricks in your engine without the additional strengthening is like having a time bomb in the engine......:eek:

BTW the Shricks has specs for each individual engines, so by using another set of cams meant for another engine is not advisable, but you can still try, its your engine and your money........

Top Bottom