Urgent Advise/Opinion on Unregistered E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Tamaro

Hi Friends,
I'm a newbie here, looking for your expert advise after browsed through some topics here.

Currently I'm in the process of getting an unregistered E60 525 M-Sport, LCI Model, Year 2009, Japan Specs at RM170K, with 1 year warranty on engine, gearbox, ECU -> comes with 19" rims...huhuh...

Really looking forward your respond and advise whether the price is reasonable and what are the things that I need to inspect and pay attention.

Thanks.

Sounds a little on the pricier side as my friend got his Japan Spec model for RM155k. The 1 year warranty is by Opal?

Yes as bro mavik says it's pricey bro . If U really interested in driving a UDM , then state ur contact . The sifu sifu will help U to get a good Machine that definitely will bite U but will not hurt U ... hehehe ...

Thanks Mavik and Xthree for your input and respond. After looking around, it's really hard to find a 2009 LCI 525 M-Sport (unregistered) with RM155K price tag, even a well maintained 2nd hand 2008 CKD LCI 525 M-Sport that I can find is in the region of RM150K to RM160K.

I really appreciate advise and input from you guys as this is my first attempt to own a UDM.

If any sifu willing to give some guidance and advise, I'm really excited to to receive a call from you at 019-9886609.

Thanks.

Herbert,

Yeah, really an excellent condition car but with a bit pricey for me for a 2nd hand car where an unregistered one cost about the same (in this case, same comparison).

Since you are keen on getting an unregistered car, I guess then go ahead with your purchase.

Few things about unregistered cars that I will always check is
1) Condition of the car (because the car has been sitting in the compound lot, need to pay attention if interior has any melted bits or check the under carriage for rust)
2) Check it for fault codes, bring a mechanic there to verify it
3) Check the VIN number and see whether it is a manufactured 2009 car or not

The pros I see if getting a 2nd hand car from the owners here is that you can be sure that they really do take good care of their cars.

Also if the insurance is Opal, there has been cases where claims are quite difficult to get as well as when the claim goes through it is 2nd hand parts.

Thanks Mavik.. really appreciate that.

Actually the car is under Aman Razak Auto, Kota Bharu branch. Not sure whether familiar to you guys or not.

1) May I know what is the VIN number and where to find it? Which website or source to verify the manufacturing year?
2) Any help that I can get from any sifu in Kota Bharu?

Thanks.

Thanks Mavik...

Just out of curiosity, is the speed limit of an E60 japan spec car limited to 180KM/hr like other JDM car?

Haggle on that price, as much as u can. It's a buyers market nowadays. Don't give in. Shop around. I'm sure you can get it for RM160k or less

Hi Sifus Out There,
Do you have any contact of good mechanics or sifu in Kelantan/Kota Bhare that can check and diagnose my future E60? Really appreciate your help.
Tq.

Try these workshop in. K.B...Napi Motor (Opal Panel), 019-98248846 - Petronas nx to KB Mall, good with conti cars, many beemer there..also Hanis Auto in Lundang, 012-9585696..hope this helps..Azam (azamin99)..

Dear azamin99 (Azam), many thanks on your input and assistance. Really appreciate it.

i personally wouldnt consider a recond car. i would rather get a used local unit. the car must have been sitting in the yard for 2 or 3 years! the year of manufacture is another issue. don't get me started on the mileage. the normal cock story they will come up with is Japanese prefer to use train rather then driving.

I just get model LCI 525 msport 2008, local auto bavaria Rm 146k, on the road 153k for company register.i think can help you up to survey the market prices. Good luck Bro.

I just get model LCI 525 msport 2008, local auto bavaria Rm 146k, on the road 153k for company register.i think can help you up to survey the market prices. Good luck Bro.

Just out of curiousity why do you prefer a recond car? Its not new anyways, same as as a 2nd hand car too.

By the way Japan BMWs are limited to 210kmh.

Top Bottom