Urgent Advise on E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
why not get the Steward Hi-Performanch stainless steel water pump from me ? :34:

hallo bro, i m using E36 325 i. 1994 model. i m having problem with my water coolant .....have to topup every 2 day or after long distant travel ( ie. bworth - kl) . dah hantaq kedai, checked with special tools (sthing got 2 do witd Co2 and blue luquid) to indicate leaked....tarak leak pong...taro green coolant nak tgk kot-kot ada leak kat paip ke radiator ke......tarak juga....so could you guys advice me on this particular prob. so far i've never experianced overheating.

have you checked your engine oil? try to check the oil condition, the water might be leaked into your engine.....maybe you could smell the smoke at the exhaust...it will smell stink

xponggos;393163 said:
hallo bro, i m using E36 325 i. 1994 model. i m having problem with my water coolant .....have to topup every 2 day or after long distant travel ( ie. bworth - kl) . dah hantaq kedai, checked with special tools (sthing got 2 do witd Co2 and blue luquid) to indicate leaked....tarak leak pong...taro green coolant nak tgk kot-kot ada leak kat paip ke radiator ke......tarak juga....so could you guys advice me on this particular prob. so far i've never experianced overheating.

Have you checked the radiator cap? i had the same problem and the radiator cap was the culprit cos the rubber in the cap had worn out.

radiator

xponggos;393163 said:

i xperienced this
there is a leak actually
but very tiny
n bcos of this it dries up so no sign where it leak
changed my radiator n its good as new
no more top up everyday ;p

xponggos;393163 said:

Bro, I'm seeing similar problem as yours, last time. My problem was the radiator leaking at
the bottom and the spare tank oso cracked with a small lubang. And after a sudden, the
small lubang became a big hole, one day I kena overheat at Seremban highway, the temp
gauge from middle to the max level in red color. Just pull over and found out my radiator
and spare tank pecah... sigh.. apa lagi tow lar... lesson learnt for me, no more delayed to
change the parts if oledy encountered the problem.

So, may be you can try to check your spare tank and radiator to see any crack on that stuffs.
Good luck :wink:

azam318;393519 said:
Bro, I'm seeing similar problem as yours, last time. My problem was the radiator leaking at
the bottom and the spare tank oso cracked with a small lubang. And after a sudden, the
small lubang became a big hole, one day I kena overheat at Seremban highway, the temp
gauge from middle to the max level in red color. Just pull over and found out my radiator
and spare tank pecah... sigh.. apa lagi tow lar... lesson learnt for me, no more delayed to
change the parts if oledy encountered the problem.

So, may be you can try to check your spare tank and radiator to see any crack on that stuffs.
Good luck :wink:

When it comes to engine cooling system never ever delay. Lucky nothing happened to your engine bro. Hope everything is tip top now.

cheers.

beemer04;383296 said:
My e36 has got a loud noise, not while driving and cruising, sumthing similar to roars, could it be the cluctch fan (maybe) not or the wheel bearings? Any advise? The car is in Malacca, and I have no idea where to send to a reliable mechanic?

Did you try winding up the windows? :rolleyes:

loafer;393537 said:
When it comes to engine cooling system never ever delay. Lucky nothing happened to your engine bro. Hope everything is tip top now.

cheers.

Bro Loafer, I'm a bit lucky. So far, nothing happened to my engine. Thanks.

I think your mech would do a compression test to see if there is a leak or not. Then he would estimate where it is from and inspected to suspected leakage area.

2 weeks ago my OBC told my coolant level was low, so I topup with water. Later after driven to another location, I found that there are drops of water underneath. So I went to my mech and he did a comp test. He open up and found my reserve tank have a small crack (although I had it replace 1 year ago, this remind me not to go to the other mech again). I changed that and now it's ok.

Crymson;393651 said:
I think your mech would do a compression test to see if there is a leak or not. Then he would estimate where it is from and inspected to suspected leakage area.

2 weeks ago my OBC told my coolant level was low, so I topup with water. Later after driven to another location, I found that there are drops of water underneath. So I went to my mech and he did a comp test. He open up and found my reserve tank have a small crack (although I had it replace 1 year ago, this remind me not to go to the other mech again). I changed that and now it's ok.

Just want to share something. The spare tank not long lasting. Before, I've changed new
one, not more than 4 months, the spare tank pecah oledy. Last time, I've bought around
RM45. Anyone here, can recommend me where to buy the spare tank with good quality
which is considered can be used for long last. Pls advice. Thanks :wink:

Thanks bro....i have sent my kereta buruk E36 to workshop. He said there got small tiny hole kat side radiator clip dekat dengan temperature sensor.....i asked him to check my engine head. Haayooooo.....banyak “taik” kat situ....dia confirmed head gasket keta kesayangan aku dah leaked...nak smell kat exhaust . I m not really arif pasal bau asap ni..... apa lagi kena buka la....harap2 betoi la apa dia kata. Kalu tak membazir je la ongkos/fulus.
Some ppl said that there is possible of water pump prob....which is which ana pun dono.....tunggu je la head tu dipasang balik.....
Nway thanks all.

sorry. lupa eve changed my radiator cap tapi the condition become worst. mampuih aku.
thanks

Top Bottom