Undecided on tint & paint coating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Guys,

Given a choice which one would you go for?
1) Llumar ( all round )
2) 3M Crystaline (Front & back ) + 3M Nano 4S (Sides)

Cant decide... same price... but 3M slightly more expensive

Gunso, I used Llumar 40 (I think it is 5 mils thickness), not that bad, honestly. Giving the choice, I go for 3M, but make sure u ask for the right type (Crystalline 40 where 40 refers to Light penetration, please also check it's thickness, I would recommend minimum 5 mils thickness as secured film). The reason why I didn't go for Crystalline 40 was due to 3M wasn't the AB approved type.

Hope it helps !

Gunso, correction. Mine is Llumar Diamond 6, it is a 6 mils film. I paid RM3,300.

Llumar Diamond 6(Best Seller)
VLT - 63%
IRR - 97%
TSER - 59%
UVR - 99%
Break Strength - 181 lb/inch
Thickness - 6mil(security film)

I'm using 3M Crystalline 50 for front and rear, 3M Crystalline 40 + security film on the sides. Heat rejection is great, but feel uneasy everytime coppers are nearby (too dark, since original windows come with a slight tint). Smart Tag has been rendered useless also.

Has anyone tried Pro Dip Garage? Quite curious on that being used as paint protection alternative vs other glass coats. The car will appear as if it is painted matte.

i used 3M crystalline (used for all my cars and now they have the security tint too), 70 for front and 40 all around. Always loved the color and heat rejection.

For smart tag issue i have them put a strip of different (and darker) material on the top that is compatible with smart tag, then i just need to hold it up on the top.
Never had problems with authorities :)

sh_Callum said:
Gunso, correction. Mine is Llumar Diamond 6, it is a 6 mils film. I paid RM3,300.
Llumar Diamond 6(Best Seller)
VLT - 63%
IRR - 97%
TSER - 59%
UVR - 99%
Break Strength - 181 lb/inch
Thickness - 6mil(security film)
How dark is the tint? My AB only allows Llumar.

JoeKen, hard to describe how dark it is. I guess the most important is, how much of heat is generated under the hot sun. For me, it is acceptable but I believe it is not as good as 3M. I am also under the same situation where AB only accept Llumar.

sh_Callum got my car and the tint, kind disappointed with the tint as it is very light, very close to no tint at all.

Going to collect my 328i next week. Not sure if I shud do my tint in bmW or do it outside as I felt it is slightly expensive in the bmw glenmarie. How much a 3M or Vkool shud cost for this car
They are quoting RM3300 for Vkool and 1800 for combination of Solargard and Vkool in front. Any good shop I can do in Shah Alam, Klang or PJ. Kindly advise.

I have had Llumar Diamond 6 for a couple of weeks now. Not really happy with the tint. Heat rejection quite bad, can always feel the heat of the sun. Also, the tint isnt dark at all, almost close to stock window. I'll probably get it removed and installed something better.
Heat rejection I'm comparing with my wife's Huper Optik, I dont feel hot in the car at all. Cant comment on the security either.

I'm having huper optik too. Had it is my last 2 rides as well.

Apparently using 30% sides and windshield 40%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ask me I have Huper Optik in CX-5 and 3M in 3 other cars. I feel 3M cuts the heat a bit better for the same VLT.
Also the authorized 3M dealer admit that 3M Nano although has the security feature it lacks the heat cutout like the Crystalline. Unless you need the security feature, he recommend to go for the Crystalline.

I beg to differ. The base glass IR rejection properties, ambient temp, etc will affect the assessment.

I had huper optik before on a jap car ASX and Golf, at times I felt the tint is more effective in the golf. Comparing to some of my friends w vkool and 3M crystalline I can't really tell which one is more superior. Maybe there is but it ain't obvious with using just our skin and human senses to measure.

For 3m, the security tint certainly has less IR rejection compared to the crystalline. This is quite true for most security tint against standard tint for most brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muffinz said:
I'm using 3M Crystalline 50 for front and rear, 3M Crystalline 40 + security film on the sides. Heat rejection is great, but feel uneasy everytime coppers are nearby (too dark, since original windows come with a slight tint). Smart Tag has been rendered useless also.

Has anyone tried Pro Dip Garage? Quite curious on that being used as paint protection alternative vs other glass coats. The car will appear as if it is painted matte.
My friend had his entire E92 dipped in yellow. Results look nice and yes it has the matte look. Protects the original paint a lot better compared to glass coats as glass coats does not protect the paint from stone chips. For best protection is a sticker wrap for the entire car. Cost around the same as a fully dipped car, around RM4k-RM5k.

Did coating. Think its a pure waste of money and scam. I feel its basically like signing up for long term polishing package as most will tell u to come back for maintenance.

Top Bottom