UK spec recond 530i msport year 2006

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

UnoS

Official member
Hi,I hv been offer a uk spec 530i with msport style year 2006 unreg for RM130k. milage 19+++ miles. engine quite. visually good condition inside out with msport pakage. radio all function.Please advise what should I check and consider due to I only have knowlage for E36 325i less than 2 years and donno about another bmw model.tq for u guys input

In my noob opinion, i think thats a fair to good price, been scouring the net for an e60, a 530 year 06 unregistered for 130k is yet to be found by me.

anyways. from what i could gather, the items that needs to be checked before buying a used e60 seems to be.

1. the engine.- quick loss of engine oil especially on n52 engines.
2. the gearbox. -
3. the radiator.- hairline cracks - water leaks
4. lower arm bush - wear n tear
5. brake sensor n pads
6. air condition - compressor n valve issues.
7. the idrive system - sync n update problems

thats my humble 2cents on the matter. pretty sure there's more the sifus can share with you on this. good luck and do post the car pics later :)

farezrider;839554 said:
Changing to E60 ker bro...good move...

my wife likes this model..... waiting for loans approval... but i no nothings about this model..... really need good input from experince people here

Im always suspicious when seeing such low mileage on a relatively old car. So first i would try to find out whether the mileage is genuine. However, this is easier said than done especially with grey imports.

Being a uk car, there will be rusts on the undercarriage. So check that out and determine if the severity is acceptable to you.

Try to get the vin number and check the actual specs of the car when it left the factory. Google for bmw vin decoder sites.

Ron1 pretty much summarizes the main issues with e60. Myself im having problem with the gearbox and radio/idrive. Gud luck.

ciklee;839588 said:
Im always suspicious when seeing such low mileage on a relatively old car. So first i would try to find out whether the mileage is genuine. However, this is easier said than done especially with grey imports.

Being a uk car, there will be rusts on the undercarriage. So check that out and determine if the severity is acceptable to you.

Try to get the vin number and check the actual specs of the car when it left the factory. Google for bmw vin decoder sites.

Ron1 pretty much summarizes the main issues with e60. Myself im having problem with the gearbox and radio/idrive. Gud luck.

milage over 40k km.... they offer 1 year warranty for engine + gearbox + ecu???. option to purchase extended warranty for 5 year with yearly renewal

now i try to have as much input as possible and I will check the car detail if my loan is approved....

if the condition not good I will walk away....

UnoS;839591 said:
milage over 40k km.... they offer 1 year warranty for engine + gearbox + ecu???. option to purchase extended warranty for 5 year with yearly renewal

now i try to have as much input as possible and I will check the car detail if my loan is approved....

if the condition not good I will walk away....

If I were you, I would send the car to a authorized BMW dealer for example Wearnes Autohaus KL and have them do a thorough check. Think they charge about RM150 or so and then get a full report from them.

Herbert;839611 said:
If I were you, I would send the car to a authorized BMW dealer for example Wearnes Autohaus KL and have them do a thorough check. Think they charge about RM150 or so and then get a full report from them.

Concur with our VP Herbert. BMW dealers have the full fledge diagnostic systems and tools to check and diagnose the car as compared to 3rd party workshops. Apart from inspection fee as RM150-180, there's also a one-time registration fee of RM450-500 for non-local BMW cars ie. reconds imported from overseas.

Herbert, Wingzee

good input. i never thought of this.... If they permit I will do as you guys suggestions.... but the car still not registered... how to drive there? :hmmmm:

unoS,

Used/recond car dealer usually should have the trade number plates and said number are normally use for unregistered cars. Give a call to Wearnes Autohaus to make an appointment to inspect the car and to find out the charges and etc.

ciklee;839588 said:

Well low miler isn't common but certainly for e60 yes...I've gotten mine at just 98k km for a 04/09 car. Herbert got his low mileaged too..
just best to get it thoroughly checked out.

cheers.

Iceduke;839786 said:
Well low miler isn't common but certainly for e60 yes...I've gotten mine at just 98k km for a 04/09 car. Herbert got his low mileaged too..
just best to get it thoroughly checked out.

cheers.
l
Yes, mileage on my e60 530i (2004 local) was 60,000 km. Mileage confirmed by Ingress as it was sold by Ingress. One would have thought nothing much needed to be done for such a low mileage car. Well, how wrong can one be. Replacements needed were front & rear absorbers, front upper & lower arms & stabilizer rods, rear upper & lower arms, front & rear disc rotors & pads and the mechatronics solenoids (the infamous gear slam). Apart from these, 4 pieces of new Nexen 8000 doughnuts were put in. Also all interior plastic rubber panels/parts (parts were sticky) were removed, cleaned and re-painted.

Herbert;839812 said:
l
Yes, mileage on my e60 530i (2004 local) was 60,000 km. Mileage confirmed by Ingress as it was sold by Ingress. One would have thought nothing much needed to be done for such a low mileage car. Well, how wrong can one be. Replacements needed were front & rear absorbers, front upper & lower arms & stabilizer rods, rear upper & lower arms, front & rear disc rotors & pads and the mechatronics solenoids (the infamous gear slam). Apart from these, 4 pieces of new Nexen 8000 doughnuts were put in. Also all interior plastic rubber parts (parts were sticky) were removed, cleaned and re-painted.

Herbert, I'm so buta for this car.. I even don't know the real cc? 2979cc or 2996cc?

From your statement above... what need to be done first and what can be done later?... if possible estimate cost? need to put a side some money...

really appreciate it.... tq

UnoS;839830 said:

Herbert, I'm so buta for this car.. I even don't know the real cc? 2979cc or 2996cc?

From your statement above... what need to be done first and what can be done later?... if possible estimate cost? need to put a side some money...

Like I have advised you, request the used/recon car dealer to send the car to Wearnes Autohaus for check up. If dealer refused, walk away from the deal as dealer has something to hide. After the inspection, Wearnes will be able to give you a quotation and advise you what needs to be done first. At least you will have a professional opinion regarding the condition of the car. You need not have Wearnes do the repair (if pricing is a major factor) and you can of course have the repair done by any of the workshops frequent by our members here.

Having said the above, it is advisable to put aside at least RM10k for repairs.

UnoS;839830 said:

Did you get the VIN numberwhen you check out the car? With the VIN, you will be able to determine the engine type and CC by keying it in on websites like http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/

Once you have confirmed that specs is per as advertised by dealer and you are keen, request for dealer to bring the car for inspection at Wearnes. They might require you to pay a deposit first before doing so. But do ensure it has been agreed that the deposit is 100% refundable later on should car is not up to your expectations.

When in Wearnes, you will need to register the car with them before inspection can be done. Fee is as per what stated in my earlier post. Once been done, a complete inspection will take about 2-3 hours with diagnostic done via OBD too. The service advisor will then furnish you with a list of reports which state the details of the car, parts required to be replaced and results of the scanning/diagnostic.

Lastly, do call up Wearnes to arrange in advance as on some days their schedule is full.

Herbert;839832 said:
....... it is advisable to put aside at least RM10k for repairs.

Thanks for the most useful info Herbert. This confirms my suspicion on the cost to be expected in buying a used e60.

Just wondering if there are any forummer who would be willing to spend their time to talk with me about the ups and downs of their beloved E60?. Drinks would be on me :)

Abe Jak;840438 said:
130k for unreg unit is quite cheap i would say..
old model non lci Bro.... in mudah you can find same year around rm90k to rm110k.

Mudah one mostly to get ppl to call, no stock in hand one, just my 2 cents

Top Bottom