Tyre size for 19 inch rim

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kenneth80

Club Guest
Dear all sifus,im new here.Just got my 525i m sport year 2007 model n problem is that tyre for front is 275/30/R19 n back is 245/35/R19 so now im curious which is d right tyre size for this cause need change tyre.Have a problem with tyre size,can any sifu give some advice on whats d right size n brand for this type of rim below.Thanks

Are your wheels a staggered setup? what are the width on those wheels? Share some info here

Hi V-Man,dont mind tell me wat is staggered setup?Normally for this type of rim wat is d right tyre size?

Hi Member 33,i plan to change 4 tyre also same size so wat is d best tyre size for it n wat brand?Pls advice

If your rear wheels are wider and/or of a larger diameter than the front wheels, you have yourself a case of staggered fitment.

A staggered fitment is also referred to as a staggered application. Basically, it means that the wheels on the back of the vehicle are a different size than those on the front. Wider wheels are usually run on the back; for example, 19x8 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear. This is typically done on rear wheel drive cars such as BMWs and many other RWD. Running wider wheels on the drive wheels means more grip on acceleration. A staggered fitment can also mean larger diameter wheels on rear, like 17" diameter on the front and 18" diameter on rear.

More reading here >> http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

kenneth80;800695 said:
Hi Member 33,i plan to change 4 tyre also same size so wat is d best tyre size for it n wat brand?Pls advice

For this rim, it is 19" staggered so there's no way you can use the same tyre size for front/rear. If you want the same size, maybe you can try 18" rims instead :)

V-Man;800727 said:
If your rear wheels are wider and/or of a larger diameter than the front wheels, you have yourself a case of staggered fitment.

A staggered fitment is also referred to as a staggered application. Basically, it means that the wheels on the back of the vehicle are a different size than those on the front. Wider wheels are usually run on the back; for example, 19x8 on the front and 19x9.5 on the rear. This is typically done on rear wheel drive cars such as BMWs and many other RWD. Running wider wheels on the drive wheels means more grip on acceleration. A staggered fitment can also mean larger diameter wheels on rear, like 17" diameter on the front and 18" diameter on rear.

More reading here >> http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

finnaly, its explained! :D

Top Bottom