Tyre & Engine Shine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmerholic

Club Guest
Brothers & Sistas (if any),What tyre & engine shine product that leaves a long lasting sparkling shine on both the tyres and engine compartment? As for the tyre shine, it has to really give that long lasting wet look. Same goes for the engine compartment. My friend & I are looking for one. If any of the detailing sifus could advise on any product will be helpful. There are many on the shelves but just not sure which to buy.Cheers.

bimmerholic;507231 said:
Brothers & Sistas (if any),

What tyre & engine shine product that leaves a long lasting sparkling shine on both the tyres and engine compartment?
As for the tyre shine, it has to really give that long lasting wet look. Same goes for the engine compartment. My friend & I are looking for one. If any of the detailing sifus could advise on any product will be helpful.
There are many on the shelves but just not sure which to buy.

Cheers.

Hey bro,

For tyres to have that long lasting shine/wet look, I'd strongly endorse Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance. Very good. Been using it for almost 3 weeks now, and it is simply superb. Way better than the other products I've used before.

It's pricey at around RM 50-60 per bottle, but it's very good. Smells good too. :top:

Eggie86;507264 said:
Hey bro,

For tyres to have that long lasting shine/wet look, I'd strongly endorse Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance. Very good. Been using it for almost 3 weeks now, and it is simply superb. Way better than the other products I've used before.

It's pricey at around RM 50-60 per bottle, but it's very good. Smells good too. :top:

Thanks for the reply bro.

And how many liters or milliliters do i get for RM50-60/bottle? How long did it last after an application of it w our current climate?

Will definitely look into this product when i go on a shopping spree :)

Cheers.

bimmerholic;507231 said:
Brothers & Sistas (if any),

What tyre & engine shine product that leaves a long lasting sparkling shine on both the tyres and engine compartment?
As for the tyre shine, it has to really give that long lasting wet look. Same goes for the engine compartment. My friend & I are looking for one. If any of the detailing sifus could advise on any product will be helpful.
There are many on the shelves but just not sure which to buy.

Cheers.
Bro,
Actually, you could try "Amway LOC or multi-purpose liquid". Good for the entire household and also tyres :top:

One other important thing, make sure you completely degrease and clean your tires before applying the product. Otherwise Meguiars Endurance also won't endure. :D

The most economical, workable tyre shine I can find in the market is metal cutting fluid, which sells in drums.. :D

metal-working-fluid-250x250.jpg

Meguiars Endurance for the tyres and CD Engine Detailer (aerosol spray) for the engine...and yes, the cleaner the surface when they're applied....the longer the durability of the shine.

Does the Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance cause greasy rims? I used a tire shine spray product (Australian brand name which has the word Magic in it if not mistaken) several years ago. While the shine was great, I realized that it's making the rims very oily/greasy during rim washing time. Since then I had stopped using it.

Meg's Endurance is a silicon (the good-for-the-rubber type) base tyre dressing and yes it's a bit greasy. But what you can do to reduce the greasy feel is, after application and leaving it on for a while to let it soak into the rubber, wipe the surface with a cloth to remove any access. It's also a wipe type and not a spray type product, so I think you can rule out overspray on the rims.

There are water based dressings that don't give the greasy feel but they lag in the durability department.

Regards.

astroboy;507343 said:
The most economical, workable tyre shine I can find in the market is metal cutting fluid, which sells in drums.. :D

No shit....does it really work? :) But damn liquidy right...the fellar mite not even stick on the walls.

KrisMas;507347 said:
Meguiars Endurance for the tyres and CD Engine Detailer (aerosol spray) for the engine...and yes, the cleaner the surface when they're applied....the longer the durability of the shine.

Bro where to get the CD engine detailer and how much is it gonna costs me? thanks.

deep3102;507426 said:
ini kena effect InitialM lah ni ;)

Ha ha...bitten got bitten la but only can only afford to do bit by bit ny to detail the car.

bimmerholic;507798 said:
Bro where to get the CD engine detailer and how much is it gonna costs me? thanks.
Ace Hardware
CD2 Engine Detailer
355GM #4516-6

I tried it after quite a few rave reviews from quite a few oversea forums and it does work nicely. It's in an aerosol can, I got it at Midvalley Ace Hardware for RM39.90. One can *should* get you around 3 - 5 applications and, for me, one application could last around 4 - 6 months before the shine start to die out (mind you I regularly clean my engine, at least once a month).

If you do decide to get a can, you might want to think about thoroughly cleaning the engine before applying it cuz I find that it doesn't have much cleaning strength and lasted far longer spraying it on a clean engine. And you'd get the most of what it can give if you strictly follow the directions on the can.

Regards.

KrisMas;508063 said:
Ace Hardware
CD2 Engine Detailer
355GM #4516-6

I tried it after quite a few rave reviews from quite a few oversea forums and it does work nicely. It's in an aerosol can, I got it at Midvalley Ace Hardware for RM39.90. One can *should* get you around 3 - 5 applications and, for me, one application could last around 4 - 6 months before the shine start to die out (mind you I regularly clean my engine, at least once a month).

If you do decide to get a can, you might want to think about thoroughly cleaning the engine before applying it cuz I find that it doesn't have much cleaning strength and lasted far longer spraying it on a clean engine. And you'd get the most of what it can give if you strictly follow the directions on the can.

Regards.

Bro, just curious, with regards to engine cleaning, is it actually safe to use running water to hose down all those loose dirt? Sometimes I use a sponge and washing solution to clean the edges of the engine, but nothing more. Worried that the suds and water might inadvertently cause some engine parts to malfunction.

Pardon me for my silly thinking. Btw, thanks for the lowdown on where to get the CD Engine Cleaner. Will take note of it the next time I go around on my car care shopping spree again. :D

Different cars different situations. I don't really know much about engines but from the info that I gathered, to be safe if you're planning to use running water to clean your engine, you'd need to cover the alternator (especially if you're using a degreaser to clean as it would compromise the grease inside), air intake and any exposed wiring or electrical connections and, most importantly, the ECU. I always do that and so far no problem...yet.

If you want, I can try to get a more detailed info on the matter. I know this one well known detailer who do a lot of BMWs, new and old, and he know the cars inside out. If you don't mind telling me your car made and year, I can relay your predicament to him and ask for more details.

Regards.

astroboy;507343 said:

haha..i have tonnes of used drum of tat...
perhaps re-bottle and sell it...:rock:

Eggie86;507264 said:
Hey bro,

I hope it does not smell good to dogs or else you will be finding yellow stains on your rims :wink:

Realred78;524172 said:
I hope it does not smell good to dogs or else you will be finding yellow stains on your rims :wink:

So far so good. Been using it for few months d, and no stains. Haha. :D

Brothers, you all looking at all the expensive ones only ah? I tried the Waxco tire shine with sponge applicator - RM6 for small bottle from Giant!
I find that the shine lasts 1-2 weeks, and won't burn a hole in your pocket too. Just make sure you apply on clean tires. I tried more expensive ones, but this one is the best bang for the buck :p

Save your money for mods and repairs :p

Top Bottom