Trans Failsafe Prog...Finally solved

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

joekl

Club Guest
HI Guys,It turns out that the 'Trans Failsafe Prog' error is actually a problem with the transmission.I got my e39 about 4 months back. Everything was ok until sudah bayar and took ownership of the car. I started getting the error which became almost daily after a couple of months. After exploring all the hopeful 'cheaper' options, I finally took it to our own Herbert Lai.Herbert convinced me that I needed to overhaul the tranny. According to him it was getting to a bad shape, got burnt parts and the trans failsafe prog was just doing its job to save me from a bigger problem.Anyways Herbet and his boys memang did a good job...and service also very good. I am very happy with the result...no more gong. Herbert also very happy cause he emptied out my wallet in the process. :top:He also psycho me a bit so now planning to do vanos seals, o2 sensor and the lights.

Herbert does repair all kinds of auto gearbox. Just that he doesn't advertise here. Well I guess good things will eventually be known. Location Putra Heights.

bmw7833;545546 said:
Who is Herbert Lai? The OM here?

Herbert Lai is THE MAN that has been doing the group buys for the Beisen Syetem vanos seals at his own risk and not making anything from it. He also lost a couple of seals due to a thief who is so cheapskate and drives a Beemer.

Anyways Thanks herbert for the Effort.

Herbert's racun are good for you. He doe not racun you on necessary stuff. He also racun me to change o2 sensor, which I am going to do with my beisan seals.

Realred78;545932 said:
Herbert's racun are good for you. He doe not racun you on necessary stuff. He also racun me to change o2 sensor, which I am going to do with my beisan seals.

STILL haven't done your seals yet ah bro!!!!!

O2 sensor

Realred78;545932 said:

Guys,

My 528i M52TU's idle is a bit rough nowadays. At idle, turning the steering wheel cause the rpm to drop. Same goes when engaging 'D'. I think it was never like this before. Could it be due to o2 sensor that causes by ignition / combustion outta wack? Also, what is this beisan seals? TQ

HI ALL, FACING THE "TRANS FAIL SAFE PROG" FEW TIME THIS WEEK.. MINE IS E39 525i.. DONE CHECKING WITH "BMW Car Diagnostic PC Scanner Tool 1.3.6 1.36 PA SOFT".. NO ERROR FOUND.. OTHER BMW DRIVERS TOLD ME THAT MY BATTERY NEED TO BE CHANGED.. ANY ADVISE SIFUUSS?? THANKX

yup...when your batt decides it's time to call it a service, you'll have your all the alarm indicator lit on your cluster. And you'll also get the Trans Fail Save Prog flashing on the cluster. It's just that, the batt can no longer supply enough juice to the electronics thus, it goes gila.

replace the batt, prob solved!

Well, before replacing, suggest you check what's the juice level in the battery. If below the mark, then it's time.

shah50;574192 said:
HI ALL, FACING THE "TRANS FAIL SAFE PROG" FEW TIME THIS WEEK.. MINE IS E39 525i.. DONE CHECKING WITH "BMW Car Diagnostic PC Scanner Tool 1.3.6 1.36 PA SOFT".. NO ERROR FOUND.. OTHER BMW DRIVERS TOLD ME THAT MY BATTERY NEED TO BE CHANGED.. ANY ADVISE SIFUUSS?? THANKX

Bro, I also have the PA Soft 136 diagnostics tool..but from the feature list I dont think it covers engine management system and gearboxes. Its mostly for electrical system of the car. Its a very simple tool that does not cover all aspects of diagnostics, but is still quite useful. Better to go to workshop and do a proper diagnostics.

Thankx bro.. Will do that.. Anyway, can a bad battery/alternator cause this? Really blurr la bro.. My other e39 no prob at all..

shah50;574733 said:
Thankx bro.. Will do that.. Anyway, can a bad battery/alternator cause this? Really blurr la bro.. My other e39 no prob at all..

Yes, I have the same warning on my dashboard when my alternator died back in June. The system is just trying to protect your gearbox from any damage. After I changed new alternator and reset the system, the warning was gone.

tamade7;545589 said:
Herbert does repair all kinds of auto gearbox. Just that he doesn't advertise here. Well I guess good things will eventually be known. Location Putra Heights.

oic..the collection center at Putra Height of Beisan Vanos seal was his workshop.

Sorry guys.. what is the advantage of the beissan vanos seal ? For longer lasting than normal seal, or perhaps could increase a few hp along the way..?

Top Bottom