tough decision

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Stepheno

Club Guest
Hi Guys, I am making my final dicision of buying an E46 325. After spending months scouting for a good 325, finally decide to buy from AB. I have actually booked and 325 Std spec which pre-registered on August 2004 without any roadtax(which mean new car that has not been driven on the road) selling for 220K and on the week which I am suppost to collect my car I saw an January 2005 325 exclusive(with 17" rims, xenon lights and etc) with millage of 15K going for 225K. I am now considering it, it is hard for me to make a decision here....which one do you think that I should go for?

My only concern is the millage for the exclusive model. How about the resale value for both car in 5 years time?

Stepheno,

In all fairness, buy the car for the driving pleasure. Dont worry about the resale value at least not now.

Originally posted by Stepheno@Sep 11 2005, 11:18 PM
My only concern is the millage for the exclusive model. How about the resale value for both car in 5 years time?
15k mileage is nothing to be concern about. As for the resale value, the exclusive model will definately hold it's value, compared with the STD version.

Do not forget, it's 2005 versus 2004.

Anyway, it's only 5k difference for a 05' model....how wrong can you go??

Hi guys 2003 / new car unregistered 325i, uk spec CBU model with M sports 17" rim and body kit. r u interested. My co imported this to sell but still not sold yet, available. pm if you r interested.

i would say go for the 2005... Rims and Xenon will cost u more if u wanna install.. i think tyre condition would be perfect ? only 15k millage

I would go for the Exclusive cos the 325i doesn't quite live up to its true potential on 16" wheels i.e. personally, I think it's such a waste of $$$ to buy an E46 325i and settle for 16" wheels which just can't corner anywhere as well. Further, original bi-xenons can be pretty expensive and hard to get should you decide to upgrade. I also think there are other goodies in the Exclusive worth considering. I bought my E46 when such options were unavailable and it costed me a bomb to upgrade to M-tech suspension and 17" wheels which I did in less than 2-3 months after collecting my car!!

Personally, I would plonk that additional RM5k for the Exclusive. The additional features would cost you more than RM5k if you were to get them separately.

Need not worry about the 15k km mileage. The car should be seasoned by now and all bugs should have been rectified. Just make sure that the car has gone through the necessary service. :D

Went to take a look on the unit, It wasn't quite a good condition as there are dent on the door and also the arch of the front wheel and the car wasn't was very dirty inside out. Maybe I miss out this, the standard (2004) has 56KM millage. It's totally new. Am considering another unit of exclusive to view the condition of the car before making my final move.

Is the std mileage 54,000km clocked or 54km clocked?
and the exclusive mileage was 15,000km clocked or 15km clocked?

Sorry, bit blur

Sorry for the complication hah, let me summaries it again:

Car 1 325std 2004 56KM (220K)
Car 2 325exclusive 2005 15,000KM (225K) view today
Car 3 325exclusive 2005 7000KM (225K)

Get the 2005 with the least mileage. You will clock up some and at least the consumerable parts like tires, pads, disc etc will be much newer. Unless, the odo is tweaked!.

Check for BMW history to be sure at AB. If genuine, go for it. Great price and very very nice car. Will last you more than 5 years easy. Then, you will want ot go 5-series.

Good Luck.
:yes:

The diff between stnd and exclusive are:
Xenon headlights, full electric memory seats, seat lumber support, 17" rims, sport steering. Well worth the price differences.

The advantage to buy fr AB is the warranty (2+1) that you can claim (or easy of mind), and you can get them to service/repair properly before taking delivery.

The 7k one looks good.

I was only told that the warranty is 2 years from the date of the car being registered and maximum of 2 years. Not to sure what do you mean the 2+1 warranty. Could you provide me more info on this. Thanks

Originally posted by skycon@Sep 13 2005, 04:35 AM
The diff between stnd and exclusive are:
Xenon headlights, full electric memory seats, seat lumber support, 17" rims, sport steering. Well worth the price differences.

The advantage to buy fr AB is the warranty (2+1) that you can claim (or easy of mind), and you can get them to service/repair properly before taking delivery.

The 7k one looks good.
Yup, I fully agree! The E46 is in no great need for electric seats cos manual adjustments are far easier than Mercs but when it comes to 2nd hand value, it's more appealing I guess! :p

Hi Juan, The Std spec also comes with electric seat without the seat lumber support. Besides that the exclusive comes with the back window shade & wiper sensor. So I think it is worth the price of 5K additional. But also depands on the overall condition of the car. Am viewing Car3 this weekend, will update you guys on it later.....

Originally posted by Stepheno@Sep 13 2005, 05:36 AM
Hi Juan, The Std spec also comes with electric seat without the seat lumber support. Besides that the exclusive comes with the back window shade & wiper sensor. So I think it is worth the price of 5K additional. But also depands on the overall condition of the car. Am viewing Car3 this weekend, will update you guys on it later.....

You're doing the right thing by looking for the best offer. Hope you find it and start enjoying your UDM soon, heh! :)

2+1 mean 2 year of standard warranty plus an additional one year of goodwill warranty. It is not stated on the warranty card, but so far AB has being honor the goodwill part.

yup, left out on the rear shade and rain sensor. I just bought my exclusive 2 months back.

Wow, Skycon. That's a nice car you have there...Does it come with the body kid when you bought it? How many months is the car being registered when you bought it? They only give me the warranty of the balance of the 2 years from the car being registered + 1 year of goodwill. Is that the same case to yours?

Top Bottom