To Own a E46-320i/318i very soon (sport uplift face)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xyleo

Club Guest
Guys, can you all advice me. Am planning to own a E46 - 320i / 318i very soon.1). Need to know on average, how much cash that I need to allocate my savings aside on a monthly basis?2). How much does it cost to own a 2001 to 2002 model? I just wanna ensure that i hate to get cheated when paying the price for it.3). What are the most [common parts / wear & tear] frequently occurs for an 2001 to 2002 model? How about the Electronic Parts? And how much does all these parts cost? Can I get it from a Potong Kereta Shop?4). Is there any cheap & affordable service centre to bring in my car & maintain it there? Can anyone suggest? Perhaps I will be using that mechanic to evaluate on my 2nd hand purchase, such as Diagnose the Car first? How much it will cost for this?5). If you have any of the units that I've mentioned to be sold, or knew anyone indirectly, please do let me know. I am a genuine, serious buyerCurrently I own a Waja1.6 Auto. I had enough with protons. My Life Dream cars is always a Bimmer since when I was small. My heart & soul is always for an UDM. All your favorable advice would really be appreciated. Thanks a million XyLeO – Unleashed0123655202

Welcome bro...

Good to hear you a new Bimmer owner soon. E46 is a sweet model to own but all depend on your $$$$$ allocated as adviced my many SIFU here.

If you have RM80K (Car purchase + RM20K repair and upkeep) also allocate RM5000 to RM10000 per year for maintainance and minor MOD.

To check the car, I will pay Sapura Auto to check as they will give you the full details report.

If you have less then 60K total budget then E36 is a good consideration.

You should consider E39 (5series) as many said it is the ultimate BMW

bro geoff,

when you said RM 80K (car purchase + RM 20K repair costs).

Do you mean the car cost RM 80K or car cosr RM 60K + RM 20K repair cost?

cheers

mr xyleo please you intro in the newbie first else no manners

BMW is a $$$ car own BMW person is :top: own BMW person is many $$$ :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hi Guys!

Am looking for the year 2001 - 2002. Well so far no one has answered my questions that detailed.

All i need is an average / estimate costings? Can anyone help me. Those a sincere Bimmerian.

Cheers,
xyleo

guru;292768 said:
80k pretty cheap for e46..maybe a 1999 one..

1. Intro please in the newbie section as it has been this forum culture..

2. U have not got the right or enough answer is because no official intro from u, so all the sifu keep quiet... I think.. :rolleyes: From young, mother teach us not to talk to strangers.. :D

3. I have a friend that own an 2004 E46 318i bought brand new that year and warranty lapse lio. He is a salesman and averagely do 40k km a year. His average yearly maintenance minus petrol is RM8k, done at 3rd party workshop. Its a company car and he only use original brand new parts. I know for 40k km traveled, u need to replace the complete set of brake rotor and linings for both front and rear which cost around RM2k if original. So the other RM6k is for the other sap sap sui things like engine oil, hoses bla.. bla.. bla

Your maintenance would be cheaper if its a 1.9L engine, else... it will be the same as item 3 above.

Hi Astroboy,

Well as you know i am very new to this club. How to intro in the newbie section? Anyway thanks for commenting.

Thanks for your advices on the yearly maintenance figures. As for E46, do i have to only service the bimmer on every 10,000km mileage (i.e. changing engine oil). Other than that, any other services involve?

As for 70,000km done, what are the parts that i need to change? I just wanted to get prepared.

Cheers,
XyleO

astroboy;292797 said:
1. Intro please in the newbie section as it has been this forum culture..

2. U have not got the right or enough answer is because no official intro from u, so all the sifu keep quiet... I think.. :rolleyes: From young, mother teach us not to talk to strangers.. :D

3. I have a friend that own an 2004 E46 318i bought brand new that year and warranty lapse lio. He is a salesman and averagely do 40k km a year. His average yearly maintenance minus petrol is RM8k, done at 3rd party workshop. Its a company car and he only use original brand new parts. I know for 40k km traveled, u need to replace the complete set of brake rotor and linings for both front and rear which cost around RM2k if original. So the other RM6k is for the other sap sap sui things like engine oil, hoses bla.. bla.. bla

Your maintenance would be cheaper if its a 1.9L engine, else... it will be the same as item 3 above.

Let me help u answer in the simple manner.

1. If talking bout insurance and roadtax, you might safe at least 250-350/month.
Then the minor service will be 550-600 per quarter if normal ride. And of course
the major service might up to 2500-8000 depends on part wear and tear. For
your case 8-9 years old car...u might prepare the high control limit of funds.

2. The price is away different due to 2001 is pre-facelift and 2002 will be facelift. Which one that u prefer ? Both are E46

3. Wear and tear, dont ask...nobody can predict what will "kaput" but we can prevent it seems E46 need to have proper engine and ATF oil. Cannot simply put or tapao one. The electronic part will be your sensorsssss..always "kong" one

4. Yes there are cheaper workshop ...in terms of cheaper than AB is YES but if you are looking the same price as service proton..you are definitely wrong. This is Germans car my friend.

5. I have quite a few here...please advise me which spec do u want ? Lifestyle, Executive, M-sports ?....Is it PFL or FL or SMG ?

service interval is 25000 km..many in forum like 10000 km..but the damn germans can't be wrong right?
if they say 25000 km service..i think they prepared to assume you'll push it to 30000 or 35000. so i think 20-25000 is pretty safe but may require top up of minyak hitam. the service interval is the least of your worries. the stuff that's really costly are the asc/dsc computer, the ECU. brakes, ignition coils, power windows, cam/crank/speed sensors..that's common repairs. will set you back 1k each.

for facelift model..my average is 8-10k RM per year. but that's if you fix every little thing that goes wrong as soon as it happens.

now let not start on the mods...rims/shocks/kits/upholstery/shoes/trims.

tip- NEVER tell your gf/wife of these mods and especially the prices..this is VITAL..deny!deny!deny!..ahahaha

I can share something on this, bought 2002 E46 318i Facelift for 112K 1st March this year and so far this is what I've changed:

Disc brake rotor + brake pad + brake sensor = RM 1400.00
4 Spark plugs = RM 140.00
Aircon filter = RM 75.00
Coolent = = RM 50.00 (2 bottles)
Changed power steering hose = RM 170.00
Engine oil (Synthium 3000)+ filter = RM 250.00

After a month, I've travelled 4000km and no problem...mileage when I got the car was 66k with full AB service record.

Luckily got a friend working as a mechanic with Sapura....helps me keep the maintenance cost quite low. Certain things free je....but have to wait on Sunday during his off day. There a workshop in Segambut (Berlin Motor Works) which is
very reasonable.....did my power steering hose replacement there. Hope it helps...

zeedo;308273 said:
After a month, I've travelled 4000km and no problem...mileage when I got the car was 66k with full AB service record.

tats really low for a 6 year old car. i don't believe there's a better deal out there. the last owner only use 10k a year? no way man! better get it verified

Top Bottom