Need some help on engine conversion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
:D u can post a thread in the classifieds section in this forum..or juz browse tha section maybe there are some for sale now..

lildevil,

dun do any conversion yet.I know you like power..but listen to me. go learn the some defensive driving first .

Some of my beemer friends still own an Old nissan RWD car as their training/practice vehicle, even they have their beemer at home. You know parts are away cheaper mah... :wink:

Bro lildevil:
I'm not telling you to drive like an expert, but at least to know well about RWD b4 driving a higher CC car. :yes:

bro some advice......i have an e30 320i, some people may think aah..its only a 2 L! With a little bit of fine tuning you'd be suprised what it is capable of doing (something i learned yesterday) Once upon a time i was thinking of putting m20 2.5, m50 2.5 , m30 s50 etc...

But i learned that what is the point of doing this if i only have pushed my car to 60% max. The day i change engine will be the day i push my car to the max and mastered controlling the car. My car may be 20 years old and seem out of date to many, but that doesnt mean its an easy car to master and i am no master yet :D . take your car on track and push it to the limit gradualy. Once you have tamed the car then move on to something bigger. Upgrade your handling and brakes first....absorbers, springs, struts, steel braided lines, anti-roll bars etc.....

as some people say......power is nothing without handling
and
Why have 300hp when you cannot handle a kart' s 30hp???.......@ Jules

I am not putting you down or discouraging you in any way, just sharing something i learned. :eek:k:

Here check out my friend's E36 Pictures :yes: Full Original M3 bodykits with some custom made front lips and rear bumper with Front/Rear wide fender too. B) One of the coolest E36 from Penang.

http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/index.ph...topic=2338&st=0

Another E36 friend of his custom made the E39 M5 rear pumper on it with E46 M3 bumper at front and wide out fender in all four corners. :ph34r:

do the conversion is not hard if u got money.... but i suggest u not to do so.... later u will end up having so many problems on ur consumers..... try to call up auto bavaria see if they willing to do it for u ???

17 so young !!! where is our in house TT camera man ?? AXLE ??

Auto bavaria does conversions? I think it would cost a bomb if they did it lol..... yea 17 at the moment only 18 on 21st this month eheh (hint hint) my e36 is totally stock.... who would be so kind to help me mod it for my bday present? hahaha just joking. my e36 is worst than stock now i smashed the side lool havent repaired it yet hahaha

:D well,maybe its time u ask ur dad for a birthday present.repair the damage and while its at the workshop slap on an m3 bodykit and a set of nice 17" rims. :nyehehe:

but the 318 at the moment already has no power, if i change it to bigger rims im gona have LESS power T_T, helpp?!?!?! any advice? 10q

Originally posted by lildevil@Jul 17 2005, 12:18 AM
but the 318 at the moment already has no power, if i change it to bigger rims im gona have LESS power T_T, helpp?!?!?! any advice? 10q
Then...convert to manual......u'll get better tour pick up.....less headache n fun to drive...

Originally posted by lildevil@Jul 17 2005, 12:18 AM
:D its always a trade off..you don't get anything without giving away/losing something else.win some lose some..

Originally posted by lildevil@Jul 17 2005, 12:34 AM
Manual is fun but when u get stuck in a traffic jam haha im gona die lol
Nothing is perfect.....For me...i prefer manual...U'll feel that u controling the car instead of the car controling u(auto)....But up to u....just my suggestion

if manual is susah in traffic and auto has no power go for a e46 m3 smg, all your problems are solved, the m3 has power, handling, looks and smg ( clutchless manual ). but that will definately be way over the budget.

like some of the replies above, if you want a bigger engine you'd need a budget of 20k to 30k (i maybe wrong). m50 engine is not exactly cheap and there will be a lot of work needed to be done to convert to 2.5 or 2.8

in brief you'd need to buy the whole front half-cut of a e36 (engine type is your preference), suspension, brakes, rear diff and some other stuff which i cant think of right now, then you got the labour charges, even if you get the half cut, it rare that everything in the half cut is in good condition, so you'd have to spend more cash replacing all the worn parts, bushes, hoses, radiator, mounts and so on.

good luck! :D

Top Bottom