Need some help on engine conversion

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For sure undertable$$, but some of the conversion man will do it for their customer, but the $$ for whole conversion will cost 40% of your car price.

Originally posted by lildevil@Jul 14 2005, 11:38 AM
Whole conversion consist of? Engine and what else in particular? thx
will included lot of thing ...engine(frm 4 spot to 6 spot),wiring,ecu,rear axle,exhaust system,gearbox,longshaft,what else?????

:) bro..i'll have to agree with he other guys here that it wud be easier for u to sell ur 318i and buy a 328i whole..that way,u'll have less problems with conversion,jpj payoffs etc.plus u'll get climate control and basically a higher specced car to boot!!
i know ure not too keen on getting 2nd hand but if u find a good bimmer mech and bring the 328i to him,he can do a thorough inspection on the car.. :yes!:

But my dad wont let me sell it =.= he said I can modify the current one but not sell it off, my father dislikes 2nd hand cars T_T

Originally posted by lildevil@Jul 14 2005, 07:49 PM
But my dad wont let me sell it =.= he said I can modify the current one but not sell it off, my father dislikes 2nd hand cars T_T
then cum for tt tonight and we'll tell you hoe to spend RM17K :D :D :D

IMO...I agree with the advice given by most of the sifus here. I understand your concern of not wanting to get a different car which will be considered as second hand compard to the car your family has owned from day one. You also need to consider that there are many very well kept one owner, low milage and BARGAIN priced 328 in the market looking for a new owner. The upholstery and build of the 328 is very much better than the 318. Check them out and you will be surprise.

One more point is that if your engine transplant is not done well or the transplant engine is not up to par, you may have to deal with the hassle of frequent visits to your mech to rectify these problems, which will make your car become very like the 'second hand' car you try to avoid.

BTW IIRC our youngest member is 21. can you beat that?

Then does anyone know of any REALLY good mech's that can do the transplant with no probs at all? What is IIRC? Youngest member is 21? lol im 17 at the moment =)

then I believe you are the youngest in the club. Just remember "Big Power comes with Big Responsibilities". Dun underestimate the 328i and the havoc it can create. join us for TT to absorb more racun for your engine transplant project. everyone here will have their personal bias/opinion of who can do the best job for you.

Somwhere is this forum i read that the roadtax for 2.8 is 1.6k++? omg =.= it is a world of diff from 1.8 =.=. is this really true? I hope not.....

Originally posted by lildevil@Jul 15 2005, 07:53 PM
Somwhere is this forum i read that the roadtax for 2.8 is 1.6k++? omg =.= it is a world of diff from 1.8 =.=. is this really true? I hope not.....
:D yes, roadtax for 2.8L is RM1.6k.
Young man B) , do you really need that much of Power to drive you around? For your age now, its better to drive a lower CC car, drive your current model for fun and learn more about RWD handling thn get more higher CC car in the next few years. I mean your current beemer still can gives the Cool B) look and will still drive the teenage girls crazy. I say go for Exterior upgrade and change all the 15" Rims to 18".

Then how much is the fuel consumption for 2.8? All my dreams of the 2.8 has been shattered to pieces T_T waaa T_T_T_T_T_T why why whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( :( :(

:) ok bro..a simple question.can u drive ur 318i to and beyond its handling limits? cuz a RWD car is not ur average ur-granny-can-drive mobile that u can just throw into a corner at any speed and hope to survive..
u need a certain amount of skill to drive it safely and it wud be a good idea to master the skills on ur 318i.
:) i've owned an M3 and it takes a huge amount of discipline and skill to drive it fast and a 328i is not that far off.. i'm not trying to 'shatter ur dreams' but this is reality bro.
think of it like playing GT2..u start small first right? then u master the game and get better and better cars..its more fun that way.and this is real life where if u hit a divider chances are people get hurt(including u)..

But I hate it when other higher cc cars overtake me just like that T_T, but i have won an m3 b4 hehehehe, he lost to me coz he got stuck in between cars lol if not i would be smelling his exhaust pipe. Then is there any thing to modify to make my 318's power more by alot? ofcourse not supercharger la haha. 10q

:D well,its not worthwile to mod a 318i cuz u wont get much out of it..like i said,master the handling first.play to ur advantage..don't drag with a more powerful car in a straight line etc.well u know what i mean.
meantime u can do her up first cosmetically like m3 bodykit and a set of m3 17" rims..in preparation for the bigger engine of course!

Any advice on where I can get bodykits and rims for a good price and good quality? thx

Top Bottom