To obtain a spare key

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Dear all,I'm obtaining a spare key as my key is only left only 1. Can all sifu here advice me how to duplicate another key for remote and start key. My meaning is to functioning for both. One of the locksmiths said that they can only do the key only to start the car but not to open the door. Can anyone advice me.Thanks is advance.

bro,

the locksmith must program the EWS to accept the key in order to start the car.

Very soon there would be a person lurking in the forum who will contact you..

TB where are you?

Well you can always go back to AB and request for duplicates. But its gonna be a bit of a hassle as they would require you to produce your Reg Card, police report (to say that you lost the spare keys etc...) and AP (if car was not sold by them initially, meaning imported/recond units). Then have to wait a couple of weeks. All this would cost a lil bit below RM1k.

Or you have the other option of having somebody else doing it as mentioned by jarance. ;)

jarance;754743 said:
bro,

the locksmith must program the EWS to accept the key in order to start the car.

Very soon there would be a person lurking in the forum who will contact you..

TB where are you?

TB, where r u now?.

Jarance: You mean my EWS system will be modified to sync in able to functioning the new key?. Is it?.

Ibrahim Hanif;754747 said:
TB, where r u now?.

Jarance: You mean my EWS system will be modified to sync in able to functioning the new key?. Is it?.

First the security code in the key have to be coded in the chip embedded in the key. Then when the key is inserted into the
steering key lock, it will read the code by the EWS. If the EWS detect this key is not valid, then the EWS will not tell the DME to
enable the starter.

The EWS can accept about 10 keys (including the 4 previous key). if new key is introduced, the EWS must be program so that the
new key is valid.

Else you can turn the ignition but you wont crank the engine.

In addition, you still need to sync the key to the GM5 module to enable the remote operation.

CM does not encourage club guest to sell items and/or services to another member other than in the Classifieds and Vendor zone. If club guest wants to sell item and offer his services, the Vendor zone is always available.

Thank you

A month ago I asked AB for the price to replace my diamond key and they say the price currently is RM888.

haywire;754761 said:
A month ago I asked AB for the price to replace my diamond key and they say the price currently is RM888.

Is there other alternative. It's very expensive. I just need only a spare key which might use when emergency. Is there any suggestion or alternative to get a new key with minimal cost?

Ibrahim Hanif;754833 said:
Is there other alternative. It's very expensive. I just need only a spare key which might use when emergency. Is there any suggestion or alternative to get a new key with minimal cost?

That can consider cheap for a BMW key. It was selling for RM1100 over a year ago.

A Nissan Latio key costs RM2000.

haywire;754761 said:

888 is a super goot number for chinese...............hehehehehehe

Additional information.

If EWS not matches with DME but your chips is match with EWS then you still can crank the engine but DME only lets you to crank the engine which not letting you to start the engine.

tweiboon;755011 said:
Additional information.

If EWS not matches with DME but your chips is match with EWS then you still can crank the engine but DME only lets you to crank the engine which not letting you to start the engine.

yes, the DME also need to be sync as well with the EWS as mentioned above.

haywire;754845 said:
That can consider cheap for a BMW key. It was selling for RM1100 over a year ago.

A Nissan Latio key costs RM2000.

As i know the cost for Nissan key is not very expensive. For those having Nissan Latio and pay for RM2000 for a key really pain.................heheheheheheh

Top Bottom