Need help!!! Lost key!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
sharizat;810040 said:
I need to get my key done as well. E46 320 year 2000. But my key is not the diamond key. When i change the key, do i need to get the diamond key as well? My key is ok but i think i need to get the replacement. Mine is an old model key looks like E39 model. is it also the same price? or do i have to change to diamond key type? If i change to diamond key type, i have to change the transponder too? please advice further thanks :D

Older type key uses IR (infrared). Diamond keys uses radio frequency. Different system. You need to order the same key.

I called AB about 2 months ago, the price for a diamond key was quoted to me RM880.

I think InitialM ordered the E39 older type key in 2010/2011 for RM1100.

sharizat;810040 said:
I need to get my key done as well. E46 320 year 2000. But my key is not the diamond key. When i change the key, do i need to get the diamond key as well? My key is ok but i think i need to get the replacement. Mine is an old model key looks like E39 model. is it also the same price? or do i have to change to diamond key type? If i change to diamond key type, i have to change the transponder too? please advice further thanks :D

Hi ...Sharizat as far as i know and was told as long as you have one of the key E46 320 year 2000

than you may only need to get only one extra key for use.

But if you have extra cash than you can do two

They will use the old safety frequency with the new one at Auto Bavaria.

I did mine one key in Auto Bavaria in Sungai Besi branch and it was fast as i bought my car from them.

The diamond key is the standard key and i did asked on behalf of you and they

said that your car model key would be around 800pluss to 900 .they have to check your car

chassis number.to reconfirm of the price. But no worries my friend for price as it should not be

more than that...unlike the new car model it is more than 1k because of extra gadgets...:)

Forgive me for the late reply....ya!!!

Take care

Alby325i :):)

Old on the left and newer key on the right.

Capture.jpg

other keys.
Resizeofe46bmw-keyS.jpg

haywire;810046 said:
Older type key uses IR (infrared). Diamond keys uses radio frequency. Different system. You need to order the same key.

I called AB about 2 months ago, the price for a diamond key was quoted to me RM880.

I think InitialM ordered the E39 older type key in 2010/2011 for RM1100.

ooo... ok bro got it.. thanks haywire for the headsup :)

Alby325i;810059 said:
Hi ...Sharizat as far as i know and was told as long as you have one of the key E46 320 year 2000

than you may only need to get only one extra key for use.

But if you have extra cash than you can do two

They will use the old safety frequency with the new one at Auto Bavaria.

I did mine one key in Auto Bavaria in Sungai Besi branch and it was fast as i bought my car from them.

The diamond key is the standard key and i did asked on behalf of you and they

said that your car model key would be around 800pluss to 900 .they have to check your car

chassis number.to reconfirm of the price. But no worries my friend for price as it should not be

more than that...unlike the new car model it is more than 1k because of extra gadgets...:)

Forgive me for the late reply....ya!!!

Take care

Hi Alby325i

If the price is rm 800 to 900 then its reasonable to do it. Ab sg besi right? will drop my self there on the weekend. read about the post where ppl need to bring their registration card and all right? like as for me, im the 3rd owner . I have 2 sets of old keys and it comes with another different keys to open the door. Will get it done at your place over the weekend if i have the time

Thanks again for the help.. probably will get the new keys :D

sharizat;810086 said:
Hi Alby325i

If the price is rm 800 to 900 then its reasonable to do it. Ab sg besi right? will drop my self there on the weekend. read about the post where ppl need to bring their registration card and all right? like as for me, im the 3rd owner . I have 2 sets of old keys and it comes with another different keys to open the door. Will get it done at your place over the weekend if i have the time

Yes.......Shahrizat you are most welcome my friend.

Indeed you need to bring the car registration card and perhaps

you would like to call them infom them the chassis number to make sure plus

confirm that the item will be there and kept for you . Yes its....AB Sungai Besi and Have been their

customer since 1991 1st and 2nd car but sold both and now with this baby!! :)

All the best to you my friend and take care :)

jarance;809974 said:
if immobilizer is spoilt why you need extra key? You cant start the car if the immobilizer is broken.

There is a guy who can duplicate the spare for you. he usually lurks around the forum.
U talking about me ? Sorry ya, recently too busy now only have time to look for this thread.

sharizat;810086 said:
Hi Alby325i

This only can be done if your car is 100% confirm still original. AB not guarantee the key can remote the door and start the engine. If you let them check for you then you need to pay RM300 for diagnosis.

tweiboon;810169 said:
This only can be done if your car is 100% confirm still original. AB not guarantee the key can remote the door and start the engine. If you let them check for you then you need to pay RM300 for diagnosis.

Bro Tweeboon, What do u mean still original?. What if we do not know the history from the previous owner?. Cause me headache to solve this matter. Furthermore no other alternative as I am in JB. How do we know my car are still 100% original condition?

Ibrahim Hanif;810209 said:
Bro Tweeboon, What do u mean still original?. What if we do not know the history from the previous owner?. Cause me headache to solve this matter. Furthermore no other alternative as I am in JB. How do we know my car are still 100% original condition?

Brother, just take it to AB. They will solve it for you. Does it really matter how much it is gonna cost if you have no choices? AB is the best idea..and also please update us here the cost.

krsna86;810259 said:
Brother, just take it to AB. They will solve it for you. Does it really matter how much it is gonna cost if you have no choices? AB is the best idea..and also please update us here the cost.

May I know why there is no other choice?

Salam....and Hi to you Ibrahim Hanif,

Please don't worry my friend , since you are in JB , please do see someone at AB

there and speak to one of the service manager there and ask them what are your

best options. Location would be right opposite of Angsana Shopping Mall is the showroom.

Happy to say I have been their customer too during my days traveling from KL to JB for many years.

I wish I am there to help you but i have faith in them plus ask them honestly what

are you best options and best price. They will give you a fixed company price .

If you are busy to go there pethaps you would like to give them a call my friend.

I truly wish you would be able to solve your problem wish to help and understand the

feeling of uncertainty plus worry .We all are here to help each my friend.

So do pm me if you need help.

Take care and have a good day. :)

Ibrahim Hanif;810209 said:

U go to AB pay RM300 diagnose ur car or u ask some of us which have Scanner scan ur car then u will know ur car is still original or not. IF DME and EWS not followed with the VIN number meaning u cannot order the key from AB. Another case which cannot diagnose is the key lock has been changed.

krsna86;810259 said:

Do u know that if the key u ordered from AB which not able to open the door or cannot start the engine then what u gonna do with the key?

tweiboon;810279 said:
U go to AB pay RM300 diagnose ur car or u ask some of us which have Scanner scan ur car then u will know ur car is still original or not. IF DME and EWS not followed with the VIN number meaning u cannot order the key from AB. Another case which cannot diagnose is the key lock has been changed.

No need to do all this lar.. He has a valet key. His valet key can start the car and open his door. this mean that the DME and EWS are original. maybe can try to open the boot as well just to confirm.

jarance;810261 said:
May I know why there is no other choice?

TS is in JB and i do not know of anyone in JB who can make our diamond cut key except AB. I might be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Salam bros,
Mine is the 320 2.2 2003 Japan Spec.. Saw earlier post when someone asked about recon car.. Can AB do the same and this applies with registering the car with AB to get duplicate key?
Same kapal with Bro Ibrahim Hanif.. Lost the 1 key ...

Thanks!

krsna86;810386 said:
TS is in JB and i do not know of anyone in JB who can make our diamond cut key except AB. I might be wrong. Just my 2 cents.

You are right, bro. but there is a choice. TS still can drive the car with the valet.
He can get a duplicate key later when he is around KL area. However, it would not be cost effective just to drive up to KL to duplicate a key.

Top Bottom