The New X1

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yeop

Club Guest
Friday, July 03, 2009BMW introduces the X1 Posted by: Anthony Lim BMW has announced details of its X1, with the latest derivative of its X model line-up slated for introduction into the market later in the year.The five-seat SAV - which will be built in Liepzig, Germany - will be offered in Europe with a choice of one six-cylinder petrol engine and three four-cylinder diesels.
starmotorer595_1.jpg
The baby X arrives
From the front, the 4.45m-long X1 retains typical BMW X features with a "three-eye-look" and elevated fog lamps. The kidney grille is upright, the short hood is deeply sculpted and the rear lights are a reinterpretation of the typical BMW L-shape. The wheelhouses are squared and a steeply raked rear window highlights the car�s sporting appeal. The "Hofmeister kick" is also evident at the base of the C-pillar.Inside, you get an elevated seating position as well as a generous feeling of space, and to underline the functionality of the vehicle, there are a wide range of storage options, including boxes, trays and cup holders on the centre console as well as large open door compartments with integrated holders for bottles.The rear-seat backrest is adjustable for angle and folds down in a 40/20/40 split, and luggage capacity can be increased from 420l to 1,350l with the rear seats folded down.
starmotorer595_2.jpg
Nothing too different here.
The X1's interior can be further enhanced by opting for a new Design package, which sees Sport seats in Oyster Nevada leather, Anthracite headlining and Fineline Wave wood trim, with the Oyster theme continuing to the lower part of the dashboard, all of the centre console and leather piping on the floor mats.The European range will kick off with the sDrive18d, with rear-wheel drive, as well as the xDrive18d, both powered by a 143bhp 2.0l turbocharged diesel block offering 320Nm of torque.Next are the sDrive20d and xDrive20d models, powered by the same 2.0l unit but in a higher state of tune, at 177hp and 350Nm from 1,750rpm-3,000rpm. The diesel lineup is topped by the xDrive23d, which offers 204bhp and 400Nm of torque from its twin-turbo 2.0l pot.
starmotorer595_3.jpg
Curvier than its siblings.
The sole petrol variant is the xDrive28i, and the 3.0l straight-six-equipped model turns out 255bhp and 310Nm as well as a 6.8sec 0-100kmh time for figures.Lower down the line, the primary drivetrain choice will be a six-speed manual, and as far as the auto route goes, there's a six-speed Sport tranny in the mix.Standard safety features include three-point inertia-reel seat belts all round, frontal and side airbags as well as head airbags at the side, adaptive Brake Lights and daytime driving lights.

those who has close relation wt BMW Malaysia, any idea when is this coming here? indication of price?

Q5 base price is around rm300k for 2.0t. interesting to see BMW M'sia's pricing for the X1

yeop;435294 said:
those who has close relation wt BMW Malaysia, any idea when is this coming here? indication of price?

Dah pakai 7 series pun nak sebok-sebok pasal X1 ka?

safri;435346 said:
Q5 base price is around rm300k for 2.0t. interesting to see BMW M'sia's pricing for the X1

Nothing below RM300K, I think. As the number one premium car dealer, sales is always good. BMW name is well established here. Put any price, people will still buy. Furthermore, by setting the price higher than Audi, it's one of many ways to 'psycho' potential buyers that BMW is always better than the rest of German auto maker.

funfer_fahrer;435365 said:
Dah pakai 7 series pun nak sebok-sebok pasal X1 ka?

untuk org-org yg di sayangi le...! kalo hang thinking of letting go yr E39, habaq kat aku dulu...

yeop;435493 said:
untuk org-org yg di sayangi le...! kalo hang thinking of letting go yr E39, habaq kat aku dulu...

Suami mithali. You want to buy my E39? Seriously? Q 5 already in my radar screen.

funfer_fahrer;435516 said:
Suami mithali. You want to buy my E39? Seriously? Q 5 already in my radar screen.

can be discussed bro...reasonable price, why not? lets meet up - call me

The X1 looks good huh..
I read that it meant to be in the same class as CRV, RAV4, Tiguan, and upcoming Q3. Perhaps it could be priced between 250K to 300K ? (depending which spec & engine tune that will be brought in).

BMW Deals
edited by Guy Baker

Identity Crisis
Recent press releases would suggest that BMW is struggling somewhat with its brand identity in the current global slump. In the same month that we got the announcement of the BMW X3 xDrive 18d - the most economical Sports Activity Vehicle BMW has ever offered - we also got the announcement of BMW's new flagship model the 760Li, which is powered by an all-new 5972cc twin-turbocharged V12 engine and boasts a new eight-speed automatic transmission. We also learned that showrooms will soon be stocking the BMW X5 < and X6 M with twin-turbocharged 555hp V8 engines. These will be the most powerful road-going M cars the company has ever launched. A split brand personality? I think so.

For years BMW has deliberately priced its products just that little bit higher than most of its competitors, and it was a brand strategy that served them well. In times of plenty buyers were only too happy to pay a premium to possess the ultimate driving machine, especially when the blue roundel implied that they were one rung higher up the social ladder than those who didn't.

Performance and image mattered more than prudence and practicality. But times have changed. And how. The same aspirational brand values that has until recently served BMW so well are now responsible for many of its trouble. Buyers simply don't associate BMW brand with financial prudence and economic parsimony, and are increasingly looking to other historically less ambitious - but more affordable - brands to solve their motoring dilemmas. Like one of my neighbours who after owning a Porsche Boxster, a Nissan 350Z and three BMW 3 Series, now drives a Skoda Octavia. Selling a premium product in a non-premium world ain't proving easy.

In a belated attempt to re-invent the brand many of BMW's more recent products are far cheaper to run than their predecessors thanks to a revised focus on fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. The arrival of the BMW X3 xDrive 18d is a case in point. Powered by a 143hp 2.0-litre diesel engine it is capable of 45.6mpg on the combined cycle and records CO2 emission of just 165g/km. Impressive stuff in these cost-conscious times, but the message isn't getting across as well as it should, because of that expensive brand image legacy.

To attempt to sell the most powerful and luxurious machinery under the same banner as more ecologically aware and frugal fare could prove a recipe for disaster - if the current economic climate prevails for years than months.

Other manufacturers choose very different brands with their own unique identities to sell fundamentally different product types - like Toyota and Lexus, or Audi and Skoda. BMW don't. Right now it is weathering the storm reasonably well (it's performing only slightly worse than the market average) but if this malaise were to continue until the end of the year - which some forecasters predict - then BMW may be forced into fundamentally rethinking its brand strategy. Reckon it'll never happen??? THINK AGAIN!

funfer_fahrer;435371 said:
Nothing below RM300K, I think. As the number one premium car dealer, sales is always good. BMW name is well established here. Put any price, people will still buy. Furthermore, by setting the price higher than Audi, it's one of many ways to 'psycho' potential buyers that BMW is always better than the rest of German auto maker.

Should be less than 300k unless its top of the range model...
just found an article to counter what you've said... :D wasted a lot of times typing all the words into this thread

funfer_fahrer;435371 said:

Should be less than 300k unless its top of the range model...
just found an article to counter what you've said... :D wasted a lot of times typing all the words into this thread

I have test driven the X1 2.0 diesel turbo. The HANDLING man!!!!! it's awesome and the pick up for a diesel engine. I just coudln't believe RM 140.00 diesel takes you 1200km.

is it true this is selling for only 260K? my sales lady told me so.......

Jules;535449 said:
is it true this is selling for only 260K? my sales lady told me so.......

Bro, that is the petrol version. Diesel is a tad below 300k.

Cheers

I am itching......for this X1. Arrrgggh. But i just got my e90 320i m-sport in Mach 2009! What do I do? Incur the loss and take on another loan? Sighs

bimmer73;535261 said:
I have test driven the X1 2.0 diesel turbo. The HANDLING man!!!!! it's awesome and the pick up for a diesel engine. I just coudln't believe RM 140.00 diesel takes you 1200km.

manage to get an X1 2.0d as courtesy car for 8 days :rock:! yup the handling for the class is fantastic, but with a little bit of body roll. Anyway it's a great car to drive especially the pick up :vroam:

cheers

Top Bottom