The Danger of Over-filling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tongsatriani

Club Guest
Hello,As you all know, my engine oil level is above max now. After through reading, it's know to be bad to the engine. Extra load of oil pressure may cause loose bearings, leakage & overflowing to other components.I guess my ride is showing the symptoms:1. Remember the petrol squirting due to loose fuel line?- Could be from excessive oil pressure pushing thru.2. Vanos area gasket was changed 2 mths ago but is now leaking oil- Excessive pressure too, maybe?Just sharing, anyone wants to share too? ;)

Tongsatriani, always watch out when change oil not all mach. are good, they claim that they are but shit as I myself as my car needs only 4lts engine oil they claim 5ltrs.

I read my manual and know better once I ask to change my oil with their stock as I normally bring my brand but then I was in a hurry, ask them to use their stock and I wonder why expencive no wonder 5ltrs, when I ask they say my car needs that I ague and prove it, dia diam and drain out back.

Its my car i know better. I always bring my oil and parts they can say anything if they don't like my way I will go to other w/shop. I never ask to check my car but instruct them what I want to do as I know my car better then them.

:getyourfactsright:

Originally posted by rezzy3181@Feb 10 2006, 02:53 AM
Tongsatriani, always watch out when change oil not all mach. are good, they claim that they are but shit as I myself as my car needs only 4lts engine oil they claim 5ltrs.

I read my manual and know better once I ask to change my oil with their stock as I normally bring my brand but then I was in a hurry, ask them to use their stock and I wonder why expencive no wonder 5ltrs, when I ask they say my car needs that I ague and prove it, dia diam and drain out back.

Its my car i know better. I always bring my oil and parts they can say anything if they don't like my way I will go to other w/shop. I never ask to check my car but instruct them what I want to do as I know my car better then them.

:getyourfactsright:
:yes!: You damn good bro. yeah if all bmw owners r like u all wshop will treat them like money printing machine.
even you buy fruits at road side they will charge higher if u drive bmw!

Hi,
I check my engine oil yesterday morning before starting the engine, the level is about 3cm above the MAX level. Is it in danger zone? Should I drain the excess oil or just wait for the next oil change which is another 3,000km more to go.

Dont trust any of the stupied mech, always chk yourself to ensure the thing are done proper, engine oil chk the level after u go home, waiy for 30min to chk excess oil will give problem, overheat and pressured .....
other mechanical parts pls chk thru yourself to ensure the thing is a new and change and fixed proper. I experience the steering rod is not secure properly only find ot afte i chk myself coz feel something wrong with the streering.
U will sleep better after u chk it yourslf, u will drive faster .....
:D

Top Bottom