The Big Brake Kit [BBK] Photo thread.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
what pads are you guys using on your BBK?

Beemer already mentioned that EBC Green is crap.

Still on the brembo pads, would also like to to know peoples recommendations on brake pads for BBK's.

Has anyone replaced the pads on the M Performance BBK for the E90's? I heard the size is a little weird and not many aftermarket pads can fit it.

B33mEr;796602 said:
Am more of a function over form kinda guy hence am not too concern over appearance besides its a rally spec caliper have to look rough lol:4: Current plans is to service the caliper, fitting a more aggressive pads, upgrading brake fluids and getting decent rotors. Currently on ebc green pad which is crap lol ...

If its okay with you maybe we can use this thread to include technical discussions on brakes?

Owhhhh yes please... need as much info possible...

B33mEr;796602 said:
Am more of a function over form kinda guy hence am not too concern over appearance besides its a rally spec caliper have to look rough lol:4: Current plans is to service the caliper, fitting a more aggressive pads, upgrading brake fluids and getting decent rotors. Currently on ebc green pad which is crap lol ...

If its okay with you maybe we can use this thread to include technical discussions on brakes?

Owhhhh yes please... need as much info possible...

Here is what I use on my proton Wira aeroback thomas cup edition. No complaints so far. It's one of the more cheaper ones among the established brands.

1DF96D1F-F585-48A6-B2B4-17177F221245-2573-000004B0512063F5.jpg

ramsing;797414 said:
Here is what I use on my proton Wira aeroback thomas cup edition. No complaints so far. It's one of the more cheaper ones among the established brands.

weii..show the real one larr...the 12 pistons one... :p

ramsing;797414 said:

Hehehe thomas cup edition rare one of a kind. Where did you source the Wilwood? Local or import mali sendiri?

BlackCat;795568 said:
Either my search methods suck or the forum hates me!

Anyways, I have been searching our BMWCM forum archives for references to BBKs but could only find very few and scattered information and photos.

Thus the intention and purpose of this thread: to consolidate as much information as possible on BBKs used by us here in one single thread.

Photos of your ride with BBKs and some additional information would be much appreciated as these would serve for future references.

Many thanks to all contributors... :top:

u are searching the wrong thing, BC.. Try searching for BBW *cabutttt*

btw, good thread. But will just be a lurker. Always a believer in things original. With the way I drive, don't think a BBK would be needed. Am a slow driver now

View attachment 27700View attachment 27701View attachment 27702View attachment 27703

1) Bought these BBKs from eBay. These came off from a Porsche Carerra 996 non turbo, similarly can use Porsche Cayman S or Boxster S as they are all similar and can be used with the bracket made by RallyRoad.net. Well well made brackets, better than ori brembo ones I must say.View attachment 27704

2) Cleaned and sand down the calipers before painting, cost RM200 using high temp paint (it has been 8 months now and the paint job is still fine).

3) To use this setup, you will need bigger rotors and in this case the CSL rotor is perfect.

I have tried ori brembo brake pads and also oem pads like ATE with this setup. Couple of months back I installed a set of Hawk HP Plus (semi racing pads) which cost about USD 320 (for front and rear) and this is the best bang for the money!

As I have shared before, having bigger rotors and more pistons DO NOT increase the braking power but high friction pads and bigger brake servo DO. In a more practical sense, changing pads is your best option. These Hawk pads are squeaky and dusty as well, but I have never experienced such stopping power on ANY ///M car, it simply stops on a dime. Highly recommended!

Hope this helps those that are interested in a BBK setup. On a side note, I have a spare set of 996 Turbo calipers for sale.

Cheers
Al

Bundy,
Saw Hawk HP Plus selling like RM1k over here which is not that big of a difference to the US.

How do you compare the HP Plus vs HPS and Ferrodo DS2500?

feisaldzul;797567 said:
Bundy,
Saw Hawk HP Plus selling like RM1k over here which is not that big of a difference to the US.

How do you compare the HP Plus vs HPS and Ferrodo DS2500?

Bro, is it for 996 front and back? For Porsche calipers I think it's more expensive.

I haven't tried HPS but Ferodo, EBC and Mintex before. This HP Plus is something else and if braking power is the main criteria, as I said earlier its squeaky and produces quite a bit of dust but all this is forgotten when you start braking and feel the "force":)

Cheers

V-Man;797451 said:
weii..show the real one larr...the 12 pistons one... :p

The 12 pot I sold to u la. u said it was for ur secret M project. ;)

MRsamdol;797505 said:
Hehehe thomas cup edition rare one of a kind. Where did you source the Wilwood? Local or import mali sendiri?

I imported it myself. Brand new was cheaper than buying a used brembo locally.

BlackCat;797572 said:
Thanks for sharing! Are you using these all round?

BC. Feisal play both sides. Front n back

Here's my contribution... WP Pro both front and rear but only have pics of the front unfortunately.

BBK_resized_zps1440ff6e.jpg

BBKrims_resized_zps4b0424ca.jpg

nothing to do with BMW, but everything to do with a set of BBK. this is my pride and joy, the AUDI RS 8pot BBK by Brembo for AUDI RS5 on my Q5. i am still looking a BBK upgrade for my E46 though.
IMG_7774.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

Top Bottom