The Big Brake Kit [BBK] Photo thread.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackCat

Founding Member
Staff member
Either my search methods suck or the forum hates me!Anyways, I have been searching our BMWCM forum archives for references to BBKs but could only find very few and scattered information and photos.Thus the intention and purpose of this thread: to consolidate as much information as possible on BBKs used by us here in one single thread.Photos of your ride with BBKs and some additional information would be much appreciated as these would serve for future references.Many thanks to all contributors... :top:

Bump!

Hhmmm... either very few of us here on BBKs or malu mau post pics or...

ramsing;795946 said:
BC...u start the ball rolling. post pics of ur BBK 12 pot

Dun have wor... Dats why post dis thread lor. Mau belajar dari sifu2 di sini :)

I can share mine, nothing really advanced, just the standard M Performance BBK. Love the feel of this BBK, even the wife feels a lot more secure.
View attachment 27568

Nice combo there Mr Mavik! Thanks for sharing

Just wondering if the MP comes with rears too...

BlackCat;795957 said:
Nice combo there Mr Mavik! Thanks for sharing

Just wondering if the MP comes with rears too...
Not for E90, for the F30, the M-performance brakes comes with 4 pot in front and 2 pot at the rears.

8069390448_4ffe7f07e9.jpg
8069394715_a3a887d089.jpg

8069390794_9e8969e170.jpg
8069391084_9a78e82ac1.jpg

Brembo GT kit 6pot/4pot 380mm cross drilled all around. Was yellow but i painted it black. Bought it used.

Mavik;795961 said:
Not for E90, for the F30, the M-performance brakes comes with 4 pot in front and 2 pot at the rears.

Ahh so! Just learn something new today :)

subscribed.

Front
301120112234.jpg

280720123300ps.jpg

Rear
2012-12-26-0781_zps6ff53725.jpg

2012-12-26-0777_zpsa8bcdf6a.jpg

2012-12-27-0799_Q1-ps_zpsf0c18007.jpg

Brembo GT Kit Monobloc 6pot/4pot 380mm/345mm cross drilled all around.

Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brake System

The Brembo Gran Turismo High Performance Braking System offers significant advantages over the OE manufacturer's system — advantages far beyond what's simply known as "big brakes". As the braking system's primary function is to dissipate heat, larger, more sophisticated discs are used in order to increase the fade resistance of the system. These discs are directionally vented for enhanced cooling, as well as drilled or slotted for improved consistency, continuously cleaning and refreshing the pad surface.

In most applications, a two-piece "floating" disc assembly is used, with a cast—iron disc specially mounted to a billet aluminum hat. One of the advantages of this type of construction is reduced weight. By making the center-section of the disc out of aluminum, a great deal of weight can be saved in a key location, as it is both unsprung and rotating. The greatest advantage, however, lies in the float itself. The brake discs must cope with extreme temperature levels. In the case of a non-floating disc, thermal stresses develop which lead to warping of the disc and cupping of the braking surface. With the full floating system, the disc is free to grow relative to the bell, and can remain straight and true.

On nearly all the vehicles for which there is a Gran Turismo system available, the OEM caliper is of a sliding design, with the piston or pistons on only the inboard side of the disc. While this type of caliper is inexpensive to manufacture, it is generally extremely heavy, and inherently flexible, both of which are to be avoided on a performance braking system. Conversely, Brembo's calipers are fixed mount, opposed piston calipers cast from aluminum alloy. Despite being much larger and many times stiffer than the original caliper, they are also much lighter. The calipers are equipped with differential piston bores in order to eliminate pad taper. Without this feature, the leading edge of the pad will wear more quickly. This can cause problems such as cocking the pistons in their bores, which can damage or seize them.

Each Gran Turismo system comes with high performance brake pads, aircraft quality hardware, DOT and TÜV— approved Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines, instruction manual and dye cut stickers for your car.

The net result is a braking system, developed specifically for each vehicle application by Brembo's immense technical resources, that insures high quality as well as high performance.

source : Brembo USA.

MRsamdol;795965 said:
Brembo GT kit 6pot/4pot 380mm cross drilled all around. Was yellow but i painted it black. Bought it used.

I think I'm drooling in that bucket dy...

Ya I guess yellow would be too 'loud' for your ride.

Paging for Madziz :4:

Here's mine ... just a 4 pot will post more the next few days when the wheels are taken off

2de5bd02d7a99f11713f117282218349.jpg

Thats one sweet set bro!

With some water, soap and elbow grease, it'll be lookin like new...

Maybe with a fresh coat of paint no? Thanks for sharing!

BlackCat;796573 said:
Thats one sweet set bro!

With some water, soap and elbow grease, it'll be lookin like new...

Maybe with a fresh coat of paint no? Thanks for sharing!

Am more of a function over form kinda guy hence am not too concern over appearance besides its a rally spec caliper have to look rough lol:4: Current plans is to service the caliper, fitting a more aggressive pads, upgrading brake fluids and getting decent rotors. Currently on ebc green pad which is crap lol ...

If its okay with you maybe we can use this thread to include technical discussions on brakes?

Akhie;796060 said:
Thanks BC for starting this thread and thanks contributors for sharing

Dont mention bro... It is for the benefit for all. The more we share knowledge to more we are blessed with it bro :)

B33mEr;796602 said:
Am more of a function over form kinda guy hence am not too concern over appearance besides its a rally spec caliper have to look rough lol:4: Current plans is to service the caliper, fitting a more aggressive pads, upgrading brake fluids and getting decent rotors. Currently on ebc green pad which is crap lol ...

If its okay with you maybe we can use this thread to include technical discussions on brakes?

The is the whole point of the thread bro. Photos would be very nice. Details of each setup would be good. Explanation of the setup would be super!

I personally had to spend many hours on forums, product sites and resellers' site to know/understand the 'mechanics' of certain setups but not many had reviews on them. How I wished that there were a site where non partisan brand discussion that is informative. We certainly need more tech discussion threads... So please, by all means do :)

Top Bottom