suspension advice...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

acs

Club Guest
currently i'm using bilstein sport(yellow) absorber with eibach sport springs on my e36 coupe.....but,its still feels quite soft....especially after drove my friend e36 328 with Racing Dynamic adjustable supension.....any idea how i can make it more stiff..... :D

aiyooo...how stiff u want...yellow to some oredi stiff bro...how old are u shocks?

:D Bro,

I got one set of AC spring with absorber. Haven't use since I bought it with eibach anti roll bar. Might sell the suspension since I only need the bar but the chop shop sell it together as one set. pm me yr offer.

ACS,

Try using Eibach Sportline - it's much stiffer than pro kit. Jazz Auto just brought it into M'sia recently. For some, it is only suitable for track but since you want a stiffer ride, may try it man.

Rgds.

Originally posted by acs@Jun 10 2006, 11:36 PM
currently i'm using bilstein sport(yellow) absorber with eibach sport springs on my e36 coupe.....but,its still feels quite soft....especially after drove my friend e36 328 with Racing Dynamic adjustable supension.....any idea how i can make it more stiff..... :D
u can't compare spring/absorber combination with adjustable coilovers, coilovers will definately be harder due to its construction. You can ask bro hitman for some advise, his car is running on coilover setup from Hotbits.

I'm running on coilovers too. Some ppl may complain it is too hard (eventhough I already lowered the spring rate from 6kg to 5kg for street use), but I'm used to it. That's the price to pay for better handling.

Dude....Go AutoHaus Design ( formerly known as Future Style).Ask for Kenny.Thats where I got the Racing Dynamics Set Up for my bro's 328i.

Acs bro,

I've inquired the shock absorbers here in KK and they only supply BOGE brand from Germany. Is this standard use for bmw? oem?
Which one is more better in terms of performance and lifespan ; BOGE or Bilstein? Another brand call sach in not mistaken.

I'm planning to change both front and rear shocks and also looking for lower spring for my e23.

Please advise and recommend any shops in KL selling this stuff. Thanx. :wink:

Originally posted by cool728@Jun 22 2006, 11:48 AM
Acs bro,

I've inquired the shock absorbers here in KK and they only supply BOGE brand from Germany. Is this standard use for bmw? oem?
Which one is more better in terms of performance and lifespan ; BOGE or Bilstein? Another brand call sach in not mistaken.

I'm planning to change both front and rear shocks and also looking for lower spring for my e23.

BOGE is manufactured by SACH as well.....from Germany

Many workshops here in Klang Valley carry that brand for most BMW models as a standard replacement shocks..

for lowering, try eibach...

Originally posted by cool728@Jun 22 2006, 11:48 AM
Acs bro,

Boge is OEM replacement.it is for comfort..not performance..only ideal to match yr ori spring..for upgrade suspension fr yr stock, u need to change yr absorber & spring..just by change only one of them will not give u full effect or you might not feel it at all.. ;) ..

Guess have to look hard for the progressive/performance types spring before moving on to the shock absober yeah.

Pls pm me if you guys cme across these spring for my e23.

Hi Bro,
For yellow Bilstein, have to ask for B8 mono tube (stronger). normally in the market they only sell B8 twin tube.
Cheers

Helo Dave,

Thanx for the tips. Will check and require about B8 mono tube.

Cheers

Top Bottom