Stop import used auto parts to malaysia in 2011 june

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
saintdagon...i think that's our question all the while...but it'll never be level playing ground in this country as long as those people are in power...however...food for thought...whichever party that will win the next election, i don't think would make much difference...see the political scene in our country...worse than kindergarten kids...sigh...

king82;467571 said:
saintdagon...i think that's our question all the while...but it'll never be level playing ground in this country as long as those people are in power...however...food for thought...whichever party that will win the next election, i don't think would make much difference...see the political scene in our country...worse than kindergarten kids...sigh...

let face it,the next election,BN will still win,thats the irony of it all.

we are at a point of lowest political confidence...it is affecting our main pleasure and this NAP is just that....

yup, we the tax-paying citizens are constantly kept amused by the government...but they think differently...our opinion is really worth 2 cents...while theirs is like the "opinion/ idea of the century"...what is 1Msia? is it just a new propaganda to confuse the easily confused? i think the new generation could see well-through the smoke-screen...we are no longer the "naive" people of this country...sigh...

Trust this gomen to take care of the rakyat. All we want it to be able to buy cars without having to pay someone who does nothing but is awarded a piece of paper to make money for the 'rights' to bring a car. All we want is to buy a car without some punitive tax on it to protect our 'local' car industry. Of which not even all of them are 'local'. Some are more Japanese and others Korean. What value does that add to our lives. Its just a big burden on all the rakyat.

Now this brilliant NAP. What we were expecting is the abolishment of the AP's and the lifting of the import duties. NO, what we get is to supply more business to Puspakom next year and after that have to buy new parts for all of our older cars. Then only in 2015 the AP's will be done away with.... maybe.... they will probably come up with something else to print money. So the rakyat pay first while other privileged people make more money.

So what to do? If you got no money and the gomen doesn't give you any AP's to make money, stop playing around with old cars. Just buy Proton or the other 'local' Japanese or Korean cars.

FTG.... really. FTG. I thought our elected officials are supposed to look after the rakyat's interest. What can we do?

Bring on the next elections.......

Greets,

Taken frm theSTAR website ......

================

Monday November 2, 2009

Old Beetle owners want Govt to scrap mandatory inspection rule
By DERRICK VINESH

BUTTERWORTH: The Penang Volkswagen Owners Club is calling on the Government to scrap the mandatory roadworthiness inspection for vehicles aged 15 years or older.

Such inspections, conducted before the road tax renewal, were unnecessary as many owners kept their vehicles in tip-top condition, said club adviser Alham Yusoff, 55.

“It is very cumbersome for us to queue up at Puspakom every year to have our vehicles checked.
Lovebug lovers: Penang Volkswagen Owners Club members appealing to the government to review the rule to exempt their cars in Penang yesterday.

“Sometimes, it can take us the whole day before our cars are inspected,” he told reporters at a gathering of about 30 Volkswagen owners in Robina Park, Teluk Air Tawar, here yesterday.

Alham said owners of old vehicles already faced problems of having to shop around for third party insurance coverage as not many companies were keen on insuring old vehicles.

He said there were at least 5,000 Volkswagen cars on Malaysian roads, of which about 2,000 were registered with Volkswagen clubs in different states.

Most of the Volkswagen models were of the classic types that were below 50-years-old, he said.

Club member Geoffrey Gan, 56, said he would usually spend a few thousand ringgit on annual maintenance of his two Volkswagen 1970 and 1972 models.

“Some of us have driven our Beetles around Malaysia and Thail*and, while a few have driven theirs to Kunming, China without any incident or breaking down.”

Retired Telekom Malaysia technician A. Pooniahmurthi, 69, said most of the old vehicle owners were retirees and pensioners.

“It will be a burden for us to incur the RM40 inspection charge,” Pooniahmurthi said.

Club treasurer Rashidi Abu Bakar, 41, said the Government should consider allowing other agencies or companies to conduct roadworthiness inspections to ease congestion at Puspakom branches.

================

hm...perhaps later they will give out "special" AP for importing used parts...for now,...just try to kill off the current used parts importers...

saintdagon;467574 said:
let face it,the next election,BN will still win,thats the irony of it all.

Not if all Malaysian wake up. Last election already lost few states. I can forsee more coming:rolleyes: Geez they never learn the lesson

initialM;467642 said:
Not if all Malaysian wake up. Last election already lost few states. I can forsee more coming:rolleyes: Geez they never learn the lesson

initial...does it matter really? I think that there'll still be a lot of problems for us citizens no matter which party is in power...one example, PAS...ban this, ban that...where is our rights/ freedom to choose what we want to do (which is within the laws, i mean)?

king82;467648 said:
initial...does it matter really? I think that there'll still be a lot of problems for us citizens no matter which party is in power...one example, PAS...ban this, ban that...where is our rights/ freedom to choose what we want to do (which is within the laws, i mean)?

king82,

It does matter.

There have been changes since March 08. Racist remarks have definitely been toned down, and politicians are beginning to lean towards the middle ground as what our First PM has always envisioned when Tanah Melayu achieved Independence.

We can't expect the opposition to do wonders, and let's not forget the problems in this country are endemic as a result of more than 50 years of continuous rule. As they say, absolute powers corrupt absolutely. We need a stronger check and balance system. Anyone still remember the Batu Tiga fiasco? Or in Penang, Kg Buah Pala? A track with so much history was lost, due to some politicians greed and failutre to respect the wishes of the rakyat. Will this happen again in after March 08?

I doubt so, but we have to continue to ensure that the government knows WHO IS THE BOSS :wink:

Yup rite check & balance. I don't think PAS will win the majority but if they do I'm sure the ban is for muslim only. I'm not a PAS supporter but at least Nik Aziz is not greedy like BN politician.

With the "new" NAP in place, we get to see more fridges on wheels on the road...
Sigh...
Why only have road-worthiness check for cars > 15 years old? Why not > 5 years old?
A well maintained E36, is anytime more road worthy and safer year 96 E36 comes with airbag and ABS!) compared to Protons/Peroduas..

With the banning of import of used auto parts in 2011, expect more cars to be stolen or hijack be it new or old cars.

this is ridiculous, more than three quarters of any given half-cut shop owner's inventory is imported from overseas...a brand new zf 5 speed gearbox is what, 5k?are those still being produced in the first place?!

by the time i can afford my first UDM it'll be financial suicide to maintain it :banghead:

loafer;467468 said:
There's a well written article on www.asiasentinel.com regarding what Guna mentioned :) I won't be posting the link here so if you're really interested go look for it there.

And read,we should.Maybe we can learn from the topmost hideous criminals in the country.......It's freakin' UNBELIEVABLE!!:eek: puts Saddam Husein to bloody shame in comparison.Atleast that fella had the balls to do it openly

vish;467753 said:
this is ridiculous, more than three quarters of any given half-cut shop owner's inventory is imported from overseas...a brand new zf 5 speed gearbox is what, 5k?are those still being produced in the first place?!

by the time i can afford my first UDM it'll be financial suicide to maintain it :banghead:

If this bunch of goons actually enforce it,you won't be able to afford it...by far I have to say that the last budget is the cream of all crap:stupid:

Guna;467756 said:
If this bunch of goons actually enforce it,you won't be able to afford it...by far I have to say that the last budget is the cream of all crap:stupid:

life has now lost all meaning

vish;467753 said:

RM5k for a brand new gearbox??? RM15k would be closer... a brand new E46 ZF automatic gearbox is >RM20k..

And that is for now,can you imagine when it becomes a banned substance?

Top Bottom