SS Braided Hoses

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Strider

Club Guest
Bought it today for RM300. But somebody did mention it b4 RM280. They said there is an improvement/additional sleeve added. Will install it later. Any comment especially on the additional improvement? Thanks

ditto.....

additional sleeve? u mean like a rubber/plastic shrink wrap thing covering the stainless steel? I've heard bikers do it and UUC makes one that has wrap...apparently it protects the steel braid or rather it protects the things around the hose from being abraded ......hmmm that sort of rhymes doesnt it ....braid.....abraded...:)

steel braided hoses improves feeling since you are reducing the sponginess feeling you get from your rubber hoses. on bikes, they do offer kevlar lines as an option if you are weight-concious. however, kevlar tends to crack in time and wouldn't last as long as steel. i don't think i've seen them for cars.

strider bro....how come u bought it for 300? I bought probably only a month or so ago...sudah naik harga ke? Amazing.....

Jip,

Did yours have that black sleeve ? Mine doesn't have it so I assume that must be the improvement.

I suppose the joint between the hose and the ends is more susceptible to grime building up and "abrading" the internal rubber, so the sleeve probably prevents this. :dunno:

Originally posted by Jipster@Mar 5 2005, 03:36 PM
strider bro....how come u bought it for 300? I bought probably only a month or so ago...sudah naik harga ke? Amazing.....
mayb strider bought it from sum1 else?? or for another model? :dunno:

Master Kors....now that you pointed that out, yeah mine doesnt have the black sleeve....sorry blur-lah....mabbee that accounts for extra 20 bucks....nice touch.

Why that brand? (have not heard of it before) What others are available in KL?

Mr. 3er,

Why PRO-RS? Because it is cost competitive at RM280-300 for a 6 line kit (Zentrum will not sell a 4 line kit). There isno other kit out there that can match this price/performance equation.

Other brands in KL? I have heard of Goodridge but they are expensive between 400-600+ at least the ones I have seen were priced that way . I dont know if there are cheaper sources. If you know of any please do tell the forum members. I suspect other ss brake hose kit will probably come as part of a brake conversion package e.g. big brake kit but I guess those may not be available separately.

Before you make the expected comment(s) on quality, longevity, durability etc. - I really do not know. I have just put them on, so their long term effectiveness is still open to question but so far it has been very positive :)

In short - I would recommend them.

Originally posted by koryong@Mar 5 2005, 07:10 PM
Jip,

Did yours have that black sleeve ? Mine doesn't have it so I assume that must be the improvement.

I suppose the joint between the hose and the ends is more susceptible to grime building up and "abrading" the internal rubber, so the sleeve probably prevents this. :dunno:
Yap, that's what Zentrum claimed.

3er,

I was quoted RM520 for Goodridge product b4.

Thanks for the feedback - i'm looking into getting a set.

Originally posted by Jipster@Mar 7 2005, 03:19 PM

jip.... zentrum ada bagi komisen aaar..... :D

* triple cabut *

Originally posted by Jipster@Mar 7 2005, 03:19 PM
Mr. 3er,

Why PRO-RS? Because it is cost competitive at RM280-300 for a 6 line kit (Zentrum will not sell a 4 line kit). There isno other kit out there that can match this price/performance equation.

Other brands in KL? I have heard of Goodridge but they are expensive between 400-600+ at least the ones I have seen were priced that way . I dont know if there are cheaper sources. If you know of any please do tell the forum members. I suspect other ss brake hose kit will probably come as part of a brake conversion package e.g. big brake kit but I guess those may not be available separately.

Before you make the expected comment(s) on quality, longevity, durability etc. - I really do not know. I have just put them on, so their long term effectiveness is still open to question but so far it has been very positive :)

Yo mr Jippy... can PM me the address and tel of da shop ah???...kena racun... :aggressive:

I don't like the feel of my new ATE brake disc and ATE brake pads - feels mushy compared to my old one - Jurid. However, less dust.
So I bought a set of the the braided hoses without sleeves today for RM 280.
Maybe I will make my own sleeves using the ones for hifi cables - you know the ones you pull over the cable and heat to shrink it to fit ?
The one with sleeves costs RM 310 but they have no stock.
Found out that it is actually made in Malaysia - but the hose itself is imported.
No wonder it is cheaper than goodridge.
Will need to find time to fix it and hopefully the feel will be better.

Top Bottom