Squeaking sound from rear passenger seat

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

newtobeemer

Club Guest
Guys
My F30 320i just one month old. Squeaking sound from rear passenger seat. Sent to SA. SA claimed that they applied sealant around the structure ( I suppose metal structure) supporting the rear passenger seat. but 24 hours later, the squeaking sound re emerged. Would like to seek your advice. Sending the car back to SA next week.

This happens to mine too. But, I suspect it is due to the suspension. So, I just live with it.

Can you confirm its the rear passenger seat and does it squeak when someone's sitting on it or not?

The known squeaks come from both front and driver seats whereby the vertical and horizontal faux leather is rubbing against each other.

Hi seancorr
Thanks for the reply. Sounds appear with and without rear passenger. Thus far, variable that cause the sound is condition of road surface. Sounds appear specifically on rough surface. Any suggestion for me to resolve this problem

My ongoing issue is the front seat rubbing against each other but I've come across a few owners with rear seat issues. What the dealer did was to tighten back the screws that hold the seat bench down. Anyhow if you're not satisfied you can always bring it to another dealer for a second opinion. I usually visit Ingress or Quill to troubleshoot and so far all issues have been rectified by them and my car finally feels like a proper new car lol.

My 1 months old 320i, getting the squeaking sound from from suspension when driver sits in....

After several month of trial and error, including suspecting, taking apart, lubricating the rear seat cushion, the squeak was finally traced to the driver seat frame . Twice it was greased but the problem did not go away but instead got worse.

In the end, BMW changed the seat frame.

Hi everyone ,
Collected my brand new 330i 3 weeks ago and experienced a rattling driver side door on uneven surface or gravel straight away. Sent my car to ab and they are keeping overnight after full day trouble shooting... Sigh

Naznee said:
Hi everyone ,
Collected my brand new 330i 3 weeks ago and experienced a rattling driver side door on uneven surface or gravel straight away. Sent my car to ab and they are keeping overnight after full day trouble shooting... Sigh
Hmm.....wait, that's not normal ?? I get that too on those type of roads.

Common culprit is the door lock pin but confirmed mine wasnt due to it. Picking up my car today as they have rectified it. They also applied some 3M tape around the doors to reduce the crackle noise that is also a common source of interior noise.

Naznee said:
Hi everyone ,
I have sent my 320i back to the Service Centre twice over this matter. they say it's a common problem, this is a wrong excuse to give la

Try auto Bavaria glenmarie. Mine was completely sorted out after I picked my car 2 days ago. Some loose metal at the locking mechanism that they padded with sound deadening material. Some 3M tape applied to the door rubber seal as well. Best thing I have used the same method to sort out rattling of my other car and it worked similarly.

Naznee said:
Try auto Bavaria glenmarie. Mine was completely sorted out after I picked my car 2 days ago. Some loose metal at the locking mechanism that they padded with sound deadening material. Some 3M tape applied to the door rubber seal as well. Best thing I have used the same method to sort out rattling of my other car and it worked similarly.
I bought it from Quill, will they still serve me?

nimrod324 said:
That should be ok I think.. But if it can be done look for mr balan, one of the senior tech guy. He did the trouble shooting for my car. Sat and listened to it and he tested the car and made sure all ok before returning it to me.

nimrod324 said:
AB can serve you provided you register your car with them.. funny thing about BMW dealership is that all dealers are not integrated... you bought your car from Quill, other dealers would not have your details.. remember to bring your Car's birth-cert (geran) along.

eric_s said:
AB can serve you provided you register your car with them.. funny thing about BMW dealership is that all dealers are not integrated... you bought your car from Quill, other dealers would not have your details.. remember to bring your Car's birth-cert (geran) along.
thank you eric!

Top Bottom