Speedometer incomplete text

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I think they change out the LCD screen. Else they would clean and resolder all the pins connecting the LCD screen to the board. I think the latter is the one most people are doing.

Honestly, don't know what they did to the thing as they took the speedometer back with them. They lend me another 1, they took more than 2 days when they did mine, I think because they're quite busy at that time.

Now it's like new. Very happy even the Ipod songs by artist came out clear with no break.

yoke;326749 said:
Honestly, don't know what they did to the thing as they took the speedometer back with them. They lend me another 1, they took more than 2 days when they did mine, I think because they're quite busy at that time.

Now it's like new. Very happy even the Ipod songs by artist came out clear with no break.

Thanks yoke, will be seeing her Tuesday next week to get it done.
May I also ask you about your Ipod, if our E39 has a ready Ipod connector? Where did you do it and how much??

Gerald 5;326860 said:
Thanks yoke, will be seeing her Tuesday next week to get it done.
May I also ask you about your Ipod, if our E39 has a ready Ipod connector? Where did you do it and how much??

Gerald5,
Appreciate if you could share your experience after Tuesday and hope you take some photo "before & after".

Thanks bro

yoke;326749 said:

Hey Yoke, what was the arrangement like? She comes over to your place and swap the speedometer with a loan speedometer from her? Installation done by her too? Never had a female technician touching my e39 before :biggrin:

Wo there, hold your horses my friend.. I think the lady who Gerald got in touch is the wife of the guy who did all the work. Guess may be the wifey handle the finance or follow-up.
But yeah,they will come to your place. In my case, they came to the office, open the speedo there and then, swap it with borrowed one, and reattached back when completed.

Jerman;326884 said:
Gerald5,
Appreciate if you could share your experience after Tuesday and hope you take some photo "before & after".

Thanks bro

Ok, will do that. The before picture is exactly like what I have posted in the 1st post within the thread.
Might be delaying my repair or might not need to because I went to install the meter ring I bought from GC, Ah Foo installed the ring put the meter back to the car and it was fine again.
Anyway, base on my experience... the pixel have been.. now you see it, now you don't kind of situation. Will update.

calvinlim;327665 said:
Can try to call 0126963918 to help to solve the problem of the pixel..

Mind sharing the price and what's the arrangement like. Any guarantee?

I called the number Yoke gave and did both my instrument cluster display and MID. Now it looks great. Even displayed things I didn't know existed like the small km letters and the + symbol. Took the repair guy 3 days to do both. Cost: RM500 each. 3 months warrantly included.

James Chun;329512 said:
Repair In Few Hours? Need To Park Your Car There??

from Yoke
But yeah,they will come to your place. In my case, they came to the office, open the speedo there and then, swap it with borrowed one, and reattached back when completed.

from 525i
Took the repair guy 3 days to do both.
:top:

Quoted by 525i
I called the number Yoke gave and did both my instrument cluster display and MID. Now it looks great. Even displayed things I didn't know existed like the small km letters and the + symbol. Took the repair guy 3 days to do both. Cost: RM500 each. 3 months warrantly included

Bro,
Wat u mean by MID?
I have 1 E39 is quite serious ::the dashmeter and the radio also kena... show u the pics...::wink:

ray123;414684 said:
Quoted by 525i

Bro,
Wat u mean by MID?
I have 1 E39 is quite serious ::the dashmeter and the radio also kena... show u the pics...::wink:

The MID is the one on your 3rd pic. It stands for Multi Information Display. Yes, your dead pixels problem is very serious.

There are 2 guys in the Klang Valley who can fix this: "Broken Pixel Problem". Got the number somewhere, will try to retrieve, but u can get it from one of the threads by James above. About RM600.

danboy, which of james threads contain the number for pixel repair? I've just have half of my dashbaord ODC readout go fuzzy, its faded out and hard to read...

Top Bottom