some question on Idrive...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willie

Club Guest
hi, i just got my car, so got few question to ask...1. I am using android system, so i don't think at this moment there is possible way for it to share the internet connection through bluetooth (i have tried pdanet, thanks manjohari), but i manage to get my n8 to connect with idrive and use it's internet to update and able to reach google...2. when i connected the phone with idrive, on i-drive it does shows my contact and details, but when i tried to use voice command, it says that my phonebook is empty... may i know how do i get to save my contact into the system???3. i notice that when my headlamp is not on, the speedo doesn't light up even with DRL activate, is it normal??? or there is a setting in the idrive to keep the speedo constantly light up???thanks for the reply

Hillgosh;665830 said:
(3) when speedo light up all ambient lights will turn on at the same time.
is there anyway to keep the speedo light on permanently??? i tinted too dark for my car, hehe...

my i-drive lady doesn't recognize number 2 when i speak, others are ok... instead of 2, she "thought" it is 4... wah lao... However she does recognize when i speaks in mandarin sometimes.... hahahahhahah...

willie;666309 said:
my i-drive lady doesn't recognize number 2 when i speak, others are ok... instead of 2, she "thought" it is 4... wah lao... However she does recognize when i speaks in mandarin sometimes.... hahahahhahah...

i faced the same problem with my 7 series E66. it can recognise 0-9 except 2, i dun know why!!!! she always recognize a "4" when i say 2.

haha..... bro, add some slang.... lar. i used to pronouns 2 as 'du'. (dun be offended)

Guys anyone here know how to transfer my contacts from Iphone 4 to the F10. When I look at the screen I can see all the contacts, name and number (idrive is synced with my phone via bluettooth) but when I try using the voice thing, I say "phonebook", it says phone book is empty? Anyone can advice.....Thx

fastnfurious;668502 said:
Guys anyone here know how to transfer my contacts from Iphone 4 to the F10. When I look at the screen I can see all the contacts, name and number (idrive is synced with my phone via bluettooth) but when I try using the voice thing, I say "phonebook", it says phone book is empty? Anyone can advice.....Thx

Hehe, i asked the same question before... for the phone book to work u need to save ur voice clip into the idrive.. press the voice command button, say "save name" and then proceed... i had some "communication prob" with the dear i drive lady...

thanks willie...will try that tomorrow, but how do you associate the voice clip with a contact number?

fastnfurious;668512 said:
thanks willie...will try that tomorrow, but how do you associate the voice clip with a contact number?

after u save ur voice clip, the i drive lady will ask u to say number... that's when the prob emerges... try to get her recognize number 2!!!

willie;668516 said:
after u save ur voice clip, the i drive lady will ask u to say number... that's when the prob emerges... try to get her recognize number 2!!!

she kept recognising 4 also when i said 2. i got fared up and said "F--k" she also recognised as "4", ha ha.

Top Bottom