Some help with suspension please

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Terri

Club Guest
my regular mechanic has been over charging me for years and i need to change mechanics and get some help on getting some suspension parts(at the last service in december last year) the mechanic said the entire suspension system needed a complete overhaul (i will be taking the car to another place, hopefully i'll be able to find a decent mechanic, to check the suspension and see what exactly needs to be changed)i will now be getting most of my new original parts from the Bavaria Auto shop in Tmn Maluri, Cheras, where i livei have managed to find some parts but wanted to see if there are any alternative front shocks that are cheaper (the normal kind not the racing kind .... sorry little old lady here ......)can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative for front shocks for E36 318i? (Borge RM342 each at BA) found second hand at RM120 each but i'd rather find some economical new ones if at all possible .....the rear Boge were quoted at RM175 each so thats fine ...)any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i'm on a budget atm but i really need to change the suspension (last time the shocks were changed was in Oct 2001 so it's way overdue ....)thanks to all!

ooops forgot to ask if anyone knows of a decent shop to get the interior (seats) redone

KL/Cheras/Tmn Maluri area/sg besi area will be fine

thanks!

i found the central car cushion shop under another section and made an appointment with them already!

sorry i'm new to this club and haven't managed to read all the sections yet ......

so much helpful information in here! hehehehe

One of the Forumer suggested Ah Kit(019-2296909) from Top Cushion after Terminal 3 in Subang. Did up my door panel from cloth (actually rag already from the condition) to leather. Comment: Good value for money & workmanship!!

hi hi,

based on ur area descriptions, i think ur quite nearby me... my bmw/merc mechanic is located at jln chan sow lin.. also plenty of potong shop for ur shopping...

Bavian Benz Auto
opposite the Honda SC...

good luck...

thanks alot for the offer, but i'll buy the rear Boge ori shocks from bavarian auto new .... luckily they are not too pricey ......

it's the fornt shocks that are expensive ..... sigh .... and i need to source for those or buy the 2nd hand ones i found at the chop shop behind my office near Carefour Cheras .....

errr my old mechanic is at that chan sow lin area ... won't say which one tho...but not the 1 you recomended .... i'd rather not be seen in that area in case he sees my car at another workshop there .....

he's a very good mechanic but overcharges for parts ... he has known 1 of my partners for about 15yrs but she has a classic 1964 Triumph Vitesse 6 and she buys the parts herself and he just fixes the car and charges labour .... so she hasn't had any problems .......

i got a pm from another club member so i'll try to call the place he suggested and hopefully can source some shocks from that contact ....

the car is rattling when it goes over uneven roads and it's worrying (like something is loose somewhere and about to drop off ......) so i must try and get it settled asap!

thanks alot for all the help and suggestions .... i'm desperate!

hope to hear the good news from terri

mine need overhaul to change all the wear and tear parts also...

Top Bottom