Sludge stain on the cap - flush or not to flush engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shiva73

Club Guest
Gets...I search tru the forum about this topic, and altho it was discussed earlier, there was no conclusion . Just need to find out - i found dry sludge deposition ( minor ) on the internal side of my engine cap . Should i flush or not. I use to flush my e39 everytime i change engine oil at 5k interval . Mine is now E60 530i 2004 recon.TQ in advance

Bro B33mEr .. tq for the comment. The e39 is sold and still at dealer shop in melaka. Ok i will do that then . Maybe i will change the engine oil for 5k interval for couple of time before i stick to regular 10k.. tq for ur advice.

Still missing the e39 . Its one of its kinda that carry the full signature for BMW. ;)

I have checked few other cars in few other shops, but most of them with heavier/thicker sludge . This one is still acceptable to me from its condition as its just minor dry stains. However , my idea is to get the engine cleaner by getting a frequent oil change . Infact , when i bot my e39 , i noticed the same condition . I service the car at 5k without fail and sometimes flushed the engine before oil change . after 2 years i dont see any sludge deposition and inner part ( visible area ) found to be cleaner from before.

Top Bottom