Slow response 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lithium2

Club Guest
I went to test drive an E36 328 today. When I floor the pedal after reaching 30km/h, power comes only after 1-1.5sec. When power comes, Rpm spins up to 7000-8000 right away, then I have to release the pedal again because afraid it will touch red.Is this slow response normal? The salesman say it's normal, because the car is not using original crank sensor. I never drove a BMW before so I don't know. But my first BMW experience is not so good, haha. So no urge to buy it.What do you guys think? Is this slow response normal? What are the possible problems with the car?

Is this the 328i from Klang bearing a "C" number plate? If yes, then I was there to test it as well with my brother and cousin. We had the same concerns. Not original crank sensor definitely will not work because had this experience before and after changing the original one, it was back to normal. Besides that, it could be the camshaft sensors, faulty/dirty MAF, etc...Best to take it for inspection on a GTx machine. No complaints on the interior. I also smell the mileage has been tempered.

Yeap, that's the one. I'm surprise the car feel so heavy. What time you there? Maybe around the same time? 3 guys test it after me.

Lithium2;694027 said:
Yeap, that's the one. I'm surprise the car feel so heavy. What time you there? Maybe around the same time? 3 guys test it after me.

Yes thats us..small world..haha

Haha. Yeah Internet and forums have made this world much smaller. You looking for another E36?

Lithium2;694033 said:
Haha. Yeah Internet and forums have made this world much smaller. You looking for another E36?

Not me la...1 enough for now..haha..Its for my cousin

Lithium2;694054 said:
Haha, hi brothers. Where is the cousin?

cousin not in the forum...he already has an E36 325i, now gatal want 328i...currently there are 6 E36, 1 E46 and 1 E39 in the family...all old old cars..hehe

Wow! Must be fun to have such a big family of E36. Do you have pictures of all of them together?

You guys must have known E36 inside out. So is this car worth getting? Did you guys notice there are a lot of black ants in the car, one even went into the rpm meter area, must have a kingdom inside the car. I have a feeling may need to spend another 20k to build it up to my liking.

Repairs - 5k
M3 bodykit - 2k
18' rims & tyres - 4k
paint alpine white - 3k
new pairs of eyes - 2k
maybe others

manual gearbox later??? - 10k

is my estimations ok? What do you guys think?

Lithium2;694117 said:
Wow! Must be fun to have such a big family of E36. Do you have pictures of all of them together?

You guys must have known E36 inside out. So is this car worth getting? Did you guys notice there are a lot of black ants in the car, one even went into the rpm meter area, must have a kingdom inside the car. I have a feeling may need to spend another 20k to build it up to my liking.

Repairs - 5k - Subjective. You will never know until you start using it and gets inspected at the workshop. For a start 5k should be sufficient. Braking also requires replacement.
M3 bodykit - 2k - Should be around there but cosmetics can hold-on
18' rims & tyres - 4k - Should be around there depending on what you are looking for.
paint alpine white - 3k - Should be sufficient. Better the quality, higher it is.
new pairs of eyes - 2k - Avoid those flimsy Taiwan made Angle/Eagle Eyes..A nice pair of originals ones should cost about 500-600 at the chop shop and sometimes cheaper if your luck is good. BTW the headlamps did not look bad.
maybe others - The "OTHERS", you will get all the racun you need and depends what you are planning to achieve.

manual gearbox later??? - 10k - Getreg boxes would be a cheaper option, but if 10K is your budget, you can source a ZF box.

is my estimations ok? What do you guys think?

no la..never got that photo shoot...haha

pardypeople;694089 said:
cousin not in the forum...he already has an E36 325i, now gatal want 328i...currently there are 6 E36, 1 E46 and 1 E39 in the family...all old old cars..hehe

E36 :rock:s ...

Why your cousin wants to change to 328? I think 325 is a better option. Both hp very similar, 328 only have higher torque, but you have to pay much more for roadtax

Thanks for your pricing feedback. Don't know why I don't get that desperate urge to buy this car. Normally I can't sleep if I find a car I love and can't wait to pay the deposit early next morning. Haha.

Lithium2;694173 said:
Why your cousin wants to change to 328? I think 325 is a better option. Both hp very similar, 328 only have higher torque, but you have to pay much more for roadtax

Thanks for your pricing feedback. Don't know why I don't get that desperate urge to buy this car. Normally I can't sleep if I find a car I love and can't wait to pay the deposit early next morning. Haha.

I believe the car is sold, so did you get it??

pardypeople;694089 said:

6 e36 in your family ...wow can have a mini e36 TT/HH already .....

ICEMAN 13;694359 said:
6 e36 in your family ...wow can have a mini e36 TT/HH already .....

But very difficult to get them together...3 fellas sitting in Ipoh...

Top Bottom