Short Shifter for BMW

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Fab...thanks for the adapter...could you please post the pictures of how to DIY it?

anakin;440188 said:
Fab...thanks for the adapter...could you please post the pictures of how to DIY it?
Sorry for the late reply...

Here's one photo for your reference...

P1040238.jpg

In the photo, the long shaft has been removed and the selector rod is detached from the gearbox, hence it's hanging downwards.

If you're mechanical inclined, u will figure out easily once you get under the car and with this photo and reference.

I have another photo at home if you still need as reference.

Still got a few of the short shifter adaptor in the store... Anyone interested?

how much is it?just plug and play? sorry for noob questions..

do i need the short shifter kit and this adaptor?im not clear on this short shifter thingy..

db8;582412 said:
do i need the short shifter kit and this adaptor?im not clear on this short shifter thingy..

It adds on to your current shifter. What it does is increasing the length below the ball.. The longer it is, the shorter the throw...

i see..so i dun need the shifter kit?just put the adaptor to stock shift and my throw will be shorter?

db8;582434 said:
i see..so i dun need the shifter kit?just put the adaptor to stock shift and my throw will be shorter?

yes... That's what i did to mine... U can test the throw if you're coming to this sat's gathering at MMZ...

Some feedback here.
I got this from fabian before for my e30 and it does work well. Shorter throws and not much increased notchiness. Good budget short shifter mod. :)

Thanks for ur explanation bro fabian..i want one la if like dat,keep one for me!!...but this wiken maybe balik kg..so unable to join u guys..

Fab, it will fit manual e46 as well right? Please reserve me one set..and PM me your details how to make the payment & delivery..thanks! :rock:

p/s: also do you still have the custom rear shock mount for e46? Interested to reserve a pair as well...

I'e had both my e30 & e34 using this short shifter fabricated by Fabian...so far no problem...been years already...

SilverBullet;582881 said:
Fab, it will fit manual e46 as well right? Please reserve me one set..and PM me your details how to make the payment & delivery..thanks! :rock:

p/s: also do you still have the custom rear shock mount for e46? Interested to reserve a pair as well...

Will fit all BMW manual as the shifter design is common for all BMW... (But maybe not for those pre-80's or vintage BMW.. ;) )

rear shock mount would be ready in another 2-3 weeks.. Fabricator a bit bz..

Will PM u later.

Thanks Fab. The faster the better. If can have the short shift adaptor first is better, since now the urge to mod has come back again. Hehe. The mounts I can wait to be ready.

Top Bottom