Short Shifter for BMW

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fabianyee

Founding Member
For those interested to replace your E30 shifter, the following picture might help you to choose the different shifter
shift_levers_z-models.jpg
For my E30, I used an adapter kit to extend about 1 inch from the 'ball' downward. Works fine for me.... and that adapter works on E34 shifters as well...Let me know if any one you need one. ;)For me information read this thread in R3Vlimited forumShift Lever and Short Shifters

Any problem with getting into gears??? Hear that its abit notchy (wat ever that means) for the first to 2nd gear.

Fabian,I want, I want ! But what's the difference between all the types ? Kev's one is indeed SUPERB ! Not only short throw and NO notchiness, but also got no free play like the regular e30 !

Originally posted by koryong@Dec 8 2004, 11:38 PM Fabian,I want, I want ! But what's the difference between all the types ? Kev's one is indeed SUPERB ! Not only short throw and NO notchiness, but also got no free play like the regular e30 !
Thot you have the shifter adapter aledi?????

Mine is a little notchy although it's much smoother than when new. The free play is still there.So what's the diff between all the Z3 types ? I assume the longer the length after the ball hence the shorter the throw ??

thnks for starting the thread again fabs!i couldn't be bothered posting another one.have you got pictures of the length of your shifter kev?i dont want the shifter too short, otherwise i'll have to bend to reach it...think calvins one is too low for driving comfortably..wht did it cost u in kl?

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Dec 10 2004, 03:56 AM have you got pictures of the length of your shifter kev?i dont want the shifter too short, otherwise i'll have to bend to reach it...think calvins one is too low for driving comfortably..wht did it cost u in kl?
Bro,It's the one in the center of the pic that Fabs posted up, and it isn't uncomfortable as the shift is extremely short.As for the price PM Calvin Tan for details. I got mine frm him.Cheers!

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Dec 10 2004, 05:09 AM want to see the length of it when fitted..
Will try to take a pic real soon ok bro?

aahh no worries..hopefully will be able to see your car in person in the next few weeks! :) wink wink! ;)

i m using z3 1.9 shifter on my e36 318is..i saw someone b4 post a adapter that could fit at the bottom end of the shift rod to make it shorter throw.,

can this fit to my z3 shifter to make it more shorter throw or just replace it wit the z4 ones?

anyway how much is the z4 shifter?

Wow way to resurrect an old thread. :D
You can contact fabian to see if he still has the adaptor, I think it should fit your Z3 1.9 without any issues.

I used to use that too with my stock E30 lever, then sometime back swapped for a Z4 2.5 instead. I got the Z4 lever used from the US for USD40, locally if you order, it'll be RM300+ brand new.

fabianyee;624 said:
For those interested to replace your E30 shifter, the following picture might help you to choose the different shifter

shift_levers_z-models.jpg

For my E30, I used an adapter kit to extend about 1 inch from the 'ball' downward. Works fine for me.... and that adapter works on E34 shifters as well...

Let me know if any one you need one. ;)

For me information read this thread in R3Vlimited forum
Shift Lever and Short Shifters

Fab...do you still 'produce' the adapter or skort shifter? for my m20b20 E34...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom