Sheer Driving Pleasure VS Ultimate Driving Machine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jayng;656968 said:
The new 5's or the older 5's (like the E39 or E34 )?

I got to say, I love the E30, always wanted one since the first time I saw it. To me, that's UDM. To me, it had a certain rawness to it. maybe the engine sound. and I can't look at the newer models yet. way out of my league.

Its your cup of tea..i owned e34, then 36 and 39 now giving me enuff experience to differentiate them. Each model has special characteristics that amaze me..the best rumbling sound comes from my 34 m20 engine..quite sluggish in acceleration but a heavenly comfortable for suspension..e30 is classic and u made a good choice bro..:listen:

JFT63;657006 said:
Its your cup of tea..i owned e34, then 36 and 39 now giving me enuff experience to differentiate them. Each model has special characteristics that amaze me..the best rumbling sound comes from my 34 m20 engine..quite sluggish in acceleration but a heavenly comfortable for suspension..e30 is classic and u made a good choice bro..:listen:

5 series to 3 series to another 5? man, that's nice.

jayng;657010 said:
5 series to 3 series to another 5? man, that's nice.

Ala bro, just old cars to drive around BP town. Albeit old, those cars are still headturners if u do up on it just to maintain its originality. .happy hunting for a bimmer

I feel JOY of Sheer Driving Pleasure of my Ultimate Driving Machine Cuntchill

JFT63;657053 said:
Ala bro, just old cars to drive around BP town. Albeit old, those cars are still headturners if u do up on it just to maintain its originality. .happy hunting for a bimmer

BP ain't that small. I'm from kluang. But BP is my kampung...born there ma

jayng;657082 said:
BP ain't that small. I'm from kluang. But BP is my kampung...born there ma

Jay, drop me a pm or simply call 013-7405039 if u are around BP n pm me yur number..my parents are now in Spg Rengam. Last sunday, bmwcm fellas made a run to Kluang for breakfast..u shud have joined earlier la bro..nice catching up with u

In terms of driving and handling fun, the 3 series beats the 5 series anytime....but with the 5 series, you get more space and presence...more of the 'wow' factor. I still like the E60 alot eventhough the F10 has arrived. What do you guys think of the E60? Just that the powertrains even in the 525i might be lacking. Not tried the 530i or the 530d. Tried the E60 520d, hmmmmm, quite disappointing...the engine felt like it was groaning with the extra weight of a bigger car.

docrayboy;657086 said:
In terms of driving and handling fun, the 3 series beats the 5 series anytime....but with the 5 series, you get more space and presence...more of the 'wow' factor. I still like the E60 alot eventhough the F10 has arrived. What do you guys think of the E60? Just that the powertrains even in the 525i might be lacking. Not tried the 530i or the 530d. Tried the E60 520d, hmmmmm, quite disappointing...the engine felt like it was groaning with the extra weight of a bigger car.

Agreed that 3 Series is definitely more agile, but when come to stability at high speed, i think 5 series should be better (of course not 520 which is clearly underpower)

EL118;657114 said:
Agreed that 3 Series is definitely more agile, but when come to stability at high speed, i think 5 series should be better (of course not 520 which is clearly underpower)

The high speeds the 3 series can reach is 50km/hr higher than the equivalent 5 series engine model. I and maniac and zhul (our Kluand Run last year) know for a fact that the 320d at 250km/hr is rock solid planted and absolutely super stable....Once a 3 series driver, always a 3 series driver! Incomparable chassis and handling. So well-planted like its driving on rails! The 5 and 7 series later in life when you want to putter along country roads at 35km/hr and can't do the twists and turns because you have a few dislocated vertebraes in your osteoporotic spine.

docrayboy;657086 said:

You must try 530 or 530d. Played with F10 520d recently till I saw black smoke coming out. Managed to take lil vid of the run. Anyway thanks to the F10 it was fun. Yup I feel E90 has improve a lot compare to previous 3 series in term of the feeling and handling. Maybe to bigger chasis. Anyhow I BMW give me the feeling I cant find in other cars.:smokin:

initialM;657174 said:
You must try 530 or 530d. Played with F10 520d recently till I saw black smoke coming out. Managed to take lil vid of the run. Anyway thanks to the F10 it was fun. Yup I feel E90 has improve a lot compare to previous 3 series in term of the feeling and handling. Maybe to bigger chasis. Anyhow I BMW give me the feeling I cant find in other cars.:smokin:

Agreed 150%..the feeling is so different bro..BMW rules in my heart

initialM;657174 said:

Now I remember, did try a E60 530d bro-noisy and no kick lah, initialm bro...

JFT63;657084 said:
Jay, drop me a pm or simply call 013-7405039 if u are around BP n pm me yur number..my parents are now in Spg Rengam. Last sunday, bmwcm fellas made a run to Kluang for breakfast..u shud have joined earlier la bro..nice catching up with u

Am mostly in KL now. Only balik once a while.

initialM;657174 said:

Bro Hitler, which do you think handles better? 5 or 3 series? on both performance and stability? i have not tried a 3 yet.

EL118;657239 said:
Bro Hitler, which do you think handles better? 5 or 3 series? on both performance and stability? i have not tried a 3 yet.

Aiyah bro wa bukan hitler la. Nanti itu hitler punya hantu keluar nanti susah worr.

Each BMW series and model design for specific requirement and demand. We cant have all & in fact in this world we also cant hv everything.
It depends on individual and preference. I love both 3 & 5 series only that I prefer 5 at high speed and long distance travelling.
The best get both or all the series hehehe

initialM;657248 said:
Aiyah bro wa bukan hitler la. Nanti itu hitler punya hantu keluar nanti susah worr.

Each BMW series and model design for specific requirement and demand. We cant have all & in fact in this world we also cant hv everything.
It depends on individual and preference. I love both 3 & 5 series only that I prefer 5 at high speed and long distance travelling.
The best get both or all the series hehehe

I agree initialM bro! Get a E90 3 series and an E60 5 series-if budget no issue-nice balance!

docrayboy;657506 said:
I agree initialM bro! Get a E90 3 series and an E60 5 series-if budget no issue-nice balance!

Ha, If budget no issue, should get F10 535 twin turbo instead of E60! (some may even cried for the new M5)

EL118;657545 said:
Ha, If budget no issue, should get F10 535 twin turbo instead of E60! (some may even cried for the new M5)

I mean budget not really issue means still have to be careful with budget but got money to spend a bit....hee hee.

Top Bottom