s14 2.5 engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
If you are refering to the Nissian Sylvia S14, it does not use a 2.5 engine.

The engine for the S14 Sylvia is the SR20DET black top, it is 1998cc turbo charged. I used to own a S14, and that is the engine.

Perhaps you are referring to the skyline engine?

try auto technica in ss2 pj. they advertised a left hand drive half cut (complete) some weeks ago in the motor trader. opening price around rm15k if not mistaken.
cheers!

Here you go ... the legendary S14 .... from BMW, la!

e30_m3.jpg

Why would you want a S14? Its the most temperemental engines around & there is absolutely zero low end torque! maintainance cost a bomb. Its probably fun on track but you will end up blowing it especially with our hot weather.
But its your money dude!

there's a genuine race E30 M3 ( LHD ) sitting around.....waiting for a replacement engine cos the old one blew......and it will sit for a long time if they want the ori S14....

S14 the Nissan version...he he nice but wrong forum dude....

Originally posted by hitman@Aug 28 2005, 11:42 PM
try auto technica in ss2 pj. they advertised a left hand drive half cut (complete) some weeks ago in the motor trader. opening price around rm15k if not mistaken.
cheers!
Hitman,

Do you have auto technicka phone no?

Originally posted by maic@Aug 28 2005, 10:32 AM

The engine for the S14 Sylvia is the SR20DET black top, it is 1998cc turbo charged. I used to own a S14, and that is the engine.

:rofl: :p :lol:
ur funny man.....he was refering to the s14 lump from the e30 m3 lah dude.
but i knw tht many ppl get confused with the s14 terminology as u said its also from a nissan......

both r powerful engines in their own right. :nyehehe:
rgds,
-brad-

:( uh..??? why me..??? :) dunno anything about the engine la... :getyourfactsright:

Originally posted by maic@Aug 28 2005, 11:32 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: dude this is the BMW thread la... :rofl: :rofl:

met a few ppl here who owns n knows ppl who drives the m3 n they said the engine is so fragile!! i think better stay clear of it bros!!

Originally posted by Franklin@Sep 1 2005, 02:36 AM
why u no likey the s14 engine?

u try before? :D
he try many things before..... :D

but he only likey to licky the spare ribs....... :lol:

Mr Franklin,

I have never tried one b4 so I cannot comment on whether I like the S14 or not.....

But what is certain is that I'm sold on the car (who isnt :) ) As for the engine - I really like its compact look. And I really like the notion of a 'race engine for the street'. That is waaaay cool in my book.

Other then the expensive maintenance couldnt one make the S14 viable for a tropical climate? I was thinking along the lines of:

A custom, high capacity radiator - make it big and thin for maximum cooling efficiency;

High cfm elctric fan - a 'puller' type instead of a 'pusher'. there is more than enough space behind the radiator for a 'puller' I think. There should also be enough space for a fan shroud to further cooling efficiency. The electrical system may have to be beefed up to cater for the high power fan ('dunno...maybe deep cycle battery, higher rated alternator, better wiring etc) The use of aftermarket cooling agents e.g redline waterwetter could perhaps be used;

A high performance (e.g. race type) stacked plate oil cooler could be used with the maximum number of rows to allow for maximum cooling;

A header trhemal wrap or coating could promote lower underhood temps which would be of help too I guess;

replacing all engine cooling related equipment e.g. water pump, hoses, thermostat etc. to new ori BMW bits would also help, as would quality lubricants .... no skimping allowed :)

Most of the above work will probably need to be done overseas, perhaps from where the car would be acquired e.g. US or UK etc.

Yeah sure its expensive but if you want it I guess you can pay for it too :lol:

Otherwise just chuck in an S50/S52 in there which should work better...... they are not that much heavier than the M30 the Alpina B6S used :yes:

Man....... I wish I had the moolahs for these things...... :(

Originally posted by Franklin@Sep 1 2005, 04:06 AM
why u no likey the s14 engine?

u try before? :D
woi.. :D trivia question issit.??? In US somtime cold...sometime hot.the engine will still be okay... :p i think oni hah.. :blush: .
In Malaysia only one time hot...all year round... B) hot..!! here the ignition wire for E30 M3 like more then RM2k.. :eek: aiyoo like this i dowan oh.. :beaten:

I'd rather japanise the car...N/A engine with 240bhp for the M3...guess from what Nippon car..? or heck.. :) i'd rather buy Japanese car.with japanese S14 engine oso. :yes: SR20DET..

Teejay..yes :yes: ur pork chop is nice..!!! :wink: Franklin...you miss a very good pork chop.. :blush: its finger licking good. :wink:

Top Bottom