Run flat tire.... Falken ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

danielbazz

Club Guest
Dear all sifu.....Just get my e60 m-sport and i found out that it doesnt come with the run flat tires. Without the runflat and without the spare tire..... wont i survive? Or normal tire can also travel another 50 miles under the speed of 50mph?? So.... should i get a spare tire or not? Currently im using a FALKEN ZE912 tires, wondering is it a run flat or not? Haiz... have to say im kind of disappointing and felt cheated by the dealer. At 1st is bridgestone tires but a bit wear off and he promised to change but in the end is a FALKEN. Then he said is JAP spec but in the end is UK spec from the AP certificate.... zzzz Help me pls @.@

Yo!,

1. You do not actually need a RFT, normal tyre will do. Ask yourself, in the years of your driving, how many time does your tyre flat? normal tyre and set the idrive accordingly. If anything happen on the tyre you will be notify on the idrive. Many BMW driver is taking this risk (majority of the ppl i know).

2. Get a RFT tyre, do you know the cost of the tyre? just to share, i have a 18 inch M5 sport rim. As you know the tyre size on the back and front is diffrent size thus the price which i ask last night (sunday) front = 1900++ & back is 2100 ++ Continental.

3. Majority of BMW car is applying continental but falken.....no further comment. Please do take note, turn ur stering to most left or right to check the tyre condition and make sure it is confirm by the mechanic that it is still in good condition...if not you will face problem during high speed and etc.....vibration..

Anyway, i am driving E60 / M5 /520i and mine have a spare tyre c/w tyre compartment...yrs 2005.

cheers!!

bros, from what i know the boot compartment can be modified to fit a spare tyre. the spare tyre need not be a full sized one. just enough to get you to the nearest tyre shop. the boot is designed as such for aerodynamics.

so you have 2 options, either get the run-flats or get the boot compartment modified.

my friend had the same problem as your when he bought his second hand beemer. he did notice the warning but didn't what to make of it 'cos thetyre seemed ok until the tyre went really flat the next day and he had to hire a tow truck. Quite inconvenient really. Left me laughing too...

No need to modify boot compartment. Get sparetyre c/w kits for rm1424 from AB and ask them install then peace of mind...

You can also get a tyre sealant and a pump instead of the spare tyre kit. AB also sells them but you can get outside for less than RM200.

zhul, the tyre sealent is for run-flats or normal tyres? what does the sparetyre kit look like? same thing?

Hellraiser;645632 said:
zhul, the tyre sealent is for run-flats or normal tyres? what does the sparetyre kit look like? same thing?

Its for the normal tyres.

Spare tyre kit will look like this

CIMG0298.jpg

Sealant and pump like this

sml-pump.jpg

Hey bro Anthony5785, continental better than falken? Not the other way round? Then that dealer's mechanic has just cheated me again.... WTF Need to go another shop then. Any awesome mechanic in JB area u know? Mind introduce to me? Sick of going b there again, even im still under that one month warranty. Hopefully we r not talking abt the same shop. hehe Thanks again, going to get the spare tyre.

Top Bottom