Run flat tires

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have a friend who is planning to buy for his wife a 320i because the car equipped with run-flat tyre. He said he loves his wife so that if the tyre punctured she don't have to stop and change it.

for the sake of getting a 320i b'cos of its stock std runflats, i would suggest he just get the runflats tyres fitted on the current ride, that would save tons of money in the bank..! :yes:

btw, talking about runflats tyres, they are rare species here and cost a bomb. does anybody knows how would the E90 response to normal tyres? we were told that E90 suspension setup are based on runflats..

IMHO the only way run flats will be priced reasonably is if the other manufacturers embrace the technology. However I do not foresee that happening as as someone said earlier, a can of puncture sealant/ space saver tyres is all that is needed. Aint broke dont fix it.

Another issue is the need to install pressure monitors on all four wheels. AFAIK, run flats must be used with a pressure monitor as the driver may not realize that there is a flat. Furthermore run flats wont help if the tyre is torn or shredded due to kerbing etc.

History has shown that not all BMW innovations are successful. Remember TRX wheels?

Sleme

haiya, no need to use run flat tire lorr. so costly. just do like me, i use tire pressure monitoring system in my 325, which is much much better than run flat tire....... engkorang niii...... :p

Top Bottom