Roundel Awards Finalists - updated with pics

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I am puzzled. Why are the participants not informed of the requirements before hand. I feel that there should be some sort of vetting or system in place to sort it out.
I would imagine that there would be some people spending money or in Calvin Tan case, securing sponsorship to beautify their car only to find out that they are disqualified from the very beginning.

I would think that it was best that the organisers sent a PM with all the rules and regulations to all nominated before hand. Like in my case I didn't even know that my car E32 and Justin E34 was nominated until the last minute. Then Justin was going back to Uni in JB on last Saturday morning!!!

And best part is, there were only 2 nominations for 7 series. So is there any neccessity to cut down the numbers or to do a preliminary round??? Most other categories had more than 3 cars and probably that was sufficient reasons for the preliminary round. I can't understand the logic and how the entire process is being carried out.

i think jyazid thread has specified the rules of engagement for this nomination. I think point 3 stated that the car must be present on the day itself for the final round. If the car and owner is not there, how to pass the final round and to receive the prices during the AD ?

Congrats to those who have won :)...sigh to those that brave the rain & flood and made it there with their well polished cars only to be told that they were disqualified :(.

On the preliminary round in Bkt. Jelutong, I was the first few cars to be there despite the nasty weather. My wife and baby boy waited for more than 3 hours, sitting at the mamak.

Roundel Award

First of all, i would like to congratulate all members involved in this AD and person in-charged in all the awards category. On behalf of other members, we appreciate your time and hardwork to make this event a grand and memorable one.

Congrats 2 those rides dat made it 2 da Finals...All da nominees at Bkt Jelutong are worthy rides of da owner's passion...Keep it up, after all dat's wat
this club is all about :cool:

& Good luck 2 da Finalists...see-ya on Saturday! :cool:

Im actually quite supprised that this issue has come about, before you enter any competitions there are bound to be terms and conditions and it is the onus of the participant to know it, this terms and conditions were posted so the organisers would assume that the participants knew abt the terms & conditions before participating. As for this particular event its done in conjunction with our coming annual dinner and one of the hightlights is the presentation of the awards during the dinner but if that person is not attending the dinner then it defeats the purpose..and also the judging of the winner will only be held on that day itself by our VIP judges and if that person is not attending the dinner how are we to judge, another reason for this event is also to get participants to attend the dinner it self...you could also say that this was one of the marketing ploys the organisers used to get members to the dinner...in no way was this a con job bcos the terms and conditions were spelt out very clearly and very early.

Well lets just say that this whole issue is caused by each individuals assumption.
So 'ASSUME' is the cause of all this and it has made an ASS of U and ME.
So please let this case be at rest and do what we do best in this forum, making friends and not enemies.

To proof my sincererity towards this issue and that no malice was intended, Im pulling my car out from the finals.

CT, this is the most I can do to make up to you.

As the person-in-charge in organising this Car Competion let me add a few word.

Firstly, thanks to Elwine30, Kevster03, Yeop and Sifu XXX to answer some of the stupid quarries.

Most of the members never bother to do any nomination where it was open for 1 month, and want to say that 'this competition for old cars' ??????

This web site is funded by the Advisors and some of the commitee, each of them paid thousands of ringgit every year from their own pocket money. This forum is the official means of communication among the members. Should you didn't logon this FREE forum to know latest news or activity, whom to be blame ????.

I even PM AND personally called the nominated members, some of you politely reply to me while some of you say that ' How la I want to bring 2 cars' ....... it is my problem ??? .... Kevster, Pussy & Berg brought 2 cars that day.

Everythings in everyday life, there is a rules and we should follow the rules, if we don't ......... 'sendiri mau ingat la'

Thats all for now and I will not bother to answer any quarries about Preliminary Round unless I or the AD Committee feel deemed necessary. We have more necessary job to do for this weekend Annual Dinner.

Sorry about my word, I try to be as polite as possible.

YAzid

with regards to my earlier comments, no disrespect to the committee members who have done a great job at putting the awards together. it's no easy task believe me. i've done a couple of autosalons in the past and it is hard work just to get the participants to attend. therefore syabas for the initiative you have put in to make the event a success.
perhaps for the coming years in the interest of the club the rules/regs may need to be reviewed/enhanced further to ecourage/facilitate greater participation and to avoid any form of disappointments.
personally as a car enthusiast, i'd like to see more cars enter. nothing better than to have and see a large gathering of bmws.
let's all work towards achieving this in 2007.
cheers!

JYazid said:
As the person-in-charge in organising this Car Competion let me add a few word.

Firstly, thanks to Elwine30, Kevster03, Yeop and Sifu XXX to answer some of the stupid quarries.

Most of the members never bother to do any nomination where it was open for 1 month, and want to say that 'this competition for old cars' ??????

This web site is funded by the Advisors and some of the commitee, each of them paid thousands of ringgit every year from their own pocket money. This forum is the official means of communication among the members. Should you didn't logon this FREE forum to know latest news or activity, whom to be blame ????.

I even PM AND personally called the nominated members, some of you politely reply to me while some of you say that ' How la I want to bring 2 cars' ....... it is my problem ??? .... Kevster, Pussy & Berg brought 2 cars that day.

Everythings in everyday life, there is a rules and we should follow the rules, if we don't ......... 'sendiri mau ingat la'

Thats all for now and I will not bother to answer any quarries about Preliminary Round unless I or the AD Committee feel deemed necessary. We have more necessary job to do for this weekend Annual Dinner.

Sorry about my word, I try to be as polite as possible.

YAzid

Firstly, congratulations & applause to whoever making everything possible not just the AD, but their contribution to the club/forum.

Apologise to Kevster for not replying & thanking promptly for your reply to my 2 cents comment on the choice of cars make it to the final.
Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps my comment didn't go down well with some complex personalities as regard to the word 'old car'... hey what the heck, mine not any newer, so what the tantrum? Cool dude.

Lumky u really never fail to crack me up with ur replies...:D

Harlo bro,

#@$* you promised me at least a keychain if I didn't get any lucky draw... you remember ar? :D hahahaha

Jyazid

is Tom attending the dinner if he is pls inform him to bring his car for the finals as I have voluntarily pulled out in order to make peace in this forum. ThnXXX

To be fair to the organising committee, the rules and guidelines were already spelt out clearly in the Thread for Best Car Competition. Maybe some overlook it but the reasons for disqualification is clearly spelt out by XXX. Anyway, dont take this too seriously, its just for fun and nothing more than that.

CT, in my heart your car is still the best car!!! Car and man become one!:D :D :D

LumKyE46 said:
Harlo bro,

#@$* you promised me at least a keychain if I didn't get any lucky draw... you remember ar? :D hahahaha

Sure sure no problem I make sure that you get at least a key chain better still the keychain comes with a set of keys to a E90....ssshhh...but u keep it to urself ah...dont tell any one...after u knowlah...they all will say we all brokeback mountain kaki...

bravo to all the committee members involved to make tis REAL THING happen guys.....cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom