RON 97 petrol and kerosene to cost 10 sen more per litre

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmw7833;595175 said:
Lucky RON95 still the same.

I certainly agree with you..my ride runs on ron95 and am satisfied with it..

dun get too happy, the 95 will go up about 10 cents after CNY...

Since RON 97 was close to Shell V-Power Racing liow, why not just use the V-Power Racing

pussy;595182 said:
dun get too happy, the 95 will go up about 10 cents after CNY...
I won't bet that RON95 won't change from now till after Feb 4th. Last month's record it was like 2 days after the RON97 price hike.

I pumped up on Dec31 after hearing the news about petroleum trading at record high again. That will be my regular schedule from now on.

The crude oil prices have gone down to USD89.40.... so why had the price been increased in Malaysia?????? Anyone in the know for this curious sense of economics?????

Wondering what's the KLDB's/JPJ's ruling of riding a horse to work...???

I think I will change from BMW to BMX. Perhaps we can start a BMX Club Malaysia Forum

Here it goes....

Under the Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) part of the 10 NKRA's, the Govt will abolish ALL subsidies on fuel. This is to happen in tranches/stages. Ultimately, regardless of how crude oil prices do, Msia will move to a floating price mechanism, similar to what you see in Aus/NZ where pump prices change daily and are also diff from operator to operator. The Automatic Pricing Mechanism (APM) which is what we adopt in Msia currently will cease to exist likely by 2013/4, wherebye oil companies are currently GUARANTEED a price by the Govt which is covered by the subsidy.

In a nutshell, under current refining climate and assuming crude oil prices of around $90, the REAL price of a litre of RON95 fuel is about 2.70 - 2.90. Thus the Govt is currently subsiding about RM1 per litre. In 2 years time, it is likely we will pay about RM3 per litre for RON95, somewhat what the Singaporean's and Thai's pay for their fuel now....

Removal of subsidies make economic sense, but what ticks me off is when such removal of subsidies are channelled to the building of iconic buildings and enriching the pockets of a select few!!!

Subsidies distort the market so is ridiculously high taxes/duty. Please remove/reduce them all, while you are at it don't forget to remove the 7% discount for the big bungalows.

Since our country produce oil so Is not fair for us to compare with the Singapore/Thailand fuel price
Ours fuel price should compare with those country produce oil what..

Alex5522;595316 said:
Since our country produce oil so Is not fair for us to compare with the Singapore/Thailand fuel price
Ours fuel price should compare with those country produce oil what..

interesting factoid while working for our NOC. the locally produced oil is actually exported and not consumed locally by and large. this is due to the fact that its a higher grade and worth more in the open market. consequently, what we consume here is actually oil brought in from Indonesia.....by and large.

(do correct me if I'm mistaken)

Alex5522;595188 said:
Since RON 97 was close to Shell V-Power Racing liow, why not just use the V-Power Racing

does the V power racing not also go up in same values as the normal Ron97? I would have tot so!

boonaroo;595339 said:
interesting factoid while working for our NOC. the locally produced oil is actually exported and not consumed locally by and large. this is due to the fact that its a higher grade and worth more in the open market. consequently, what we consume here is actually oil brought in from Indonesia.....by and large.

(do correct me if I'm mistaken)

Correcto mundo...however oil brought into Msia is from the Middle East generally as they are lighter and suit our refineries better

Top Bottom