Rollcall - who has F10?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ongbb ,

You mean you can hear the engine sound louder ? I thought it is much softer in F10 520d then its previous model ? Other than that problem, what others problems you faced ?

Hi jovial, what I meant is the engine noise is loud outside the car. But when in the car it's quiet. I came from e90 petrol so to me it's louder . A friend tried my car last few days he said the overall noise is very good as all his fleet is diesel.

There's no other problem... I just like to rev above 2000rpm to feel the turbo and am loving it .

OIC .... Any problem you faced ? Just want to know more abt BMW diesel. Thinking of getting one ...

jovial8;632367 said:
OIC .... Any problem you faced ? Just want to know more abt BMW diesel. Thinking of getting one ...

No prob.. Very good car as I can get 8l/100km on city usage and 1500rpm at 100kmh. It's just so nice! Go get one now.. The waiting list shld be on august now

yes, 7.5 to 8.0L/100km in the city and 5L to 6L/100km on highway, easily! i've owned the car for a month now, based on my usage pattern i use 1 full tank every 2 weeks, at RM125 per refueling my monthly fuel bill stands at RM250 only so far!!! between 850km to 950km per full tank.

Is it true ;

a) the clattering sound of the engine like taxi after 10K km
b) the maintenance is higher due to need more engine oil.
c) need more periodical service for diesel compare with petrol especially the fuel injector is always clogging as well as higher sulphur deposited in the enigine.

BMW gurus and bros, need your comments and guidance.

1) 520d is too new, better let the 320d boys answer. the X5 3.0d has also been around a long time, i dont hear anything bad about those cars.
2) 520d engine is 4 cylinder, it actually uses LESS oil - 5.2 liters, i just did my first service. my 6 cylinder M52 engine in my E39 uses 7 liters.
3) all of these weird rumours came from MS123 diesel standard days, the standard is EURO 2 now. our company's W211 E270 CDI has 298,000+km on it and no major fuel injector issues related to "sulphur clogging".

one of the biggest issue that diesel engines face is that with higher sulphur content, soot production is higher, and some of that gets into the engine oil via exhaust gas blowby in teh combustion chamber. when soot is in the lubricant, the lubricant's qualities degrades. as a countermeasure, last time you had to change oil more frequently.

another problem is soot clogs the DPF, from my understanding our local spec cars do not have DPF. My E270 CDI had DPF, they were removed by the previous owner because always get clogged, because it ran for a very long time on the MS123 fuel.

our 320d and 520d have never seen shitty MS123 diesel as they were introduced after the Euro 2 upgrade.

all of this may have been quite bad when the diesel standards were MS123, but now with Euro 2 sulphur has been cut down alot and soot production is also significantly less.

hi paul,

what did u do during the 1st service and how much it costs?
thanks..tan

'2) 520d engine is 4 cylinder, it actually uses LESS oil - 5.2 liters, i just did my first service. my 6 cylinder M52 engine in my E39 uses 7 liters.'

Buying from authorized BMW dealers warrants you FREE service (oil change, air filters, etc) up to 60k or 3 years, whichever comes first.

yes, but this 3,000km service is not in the free service schedule, the free service starts at 10,000km. to pamper my car, i am electing to follow the M car service schedule, heheh.

paultantk;632590 said:
Changed the oil and oil filter, cost me about 500+ for the two items.

Did it at AB? I'm thinking to service it after 2000km like what I did to my e90. And yes this is not covered by bsri

around 3,000km now, no problems at all. no sounds from suspension, no fading aircond button. only had one problem in teh first week of ownership which was PDC sensors working intermittently, fixed within an hour at the dealership.

ong: yeah i did it at AB.

hey all...i think i might be defecting to diesel-engined after reading all these...hehe. and the need to have a bigger car than the current E90 & E81.

just wandering, what's the body colour available for the 520d ? any nice combi with the interior ?

bro's that recently got hold of your 520d, mind enlightening me if there's good hire-purchase around ? (been 4 yrs with the E90 325 at 2.38% with BMW Credit)

cheers..

Mnas,

You can consider sophisto grey, space gray, black, havana.... As for interior, cinnamon is very nice but I opt for the black one as I have a small child in the car.

I got 2.56 from BMW credit.

exterior - sophisto grey (dark grey), space grey (light grey, the one popular on E90), black, imperial blue (dark blue almost black), havana (brownish bronzish), silver, and coming soon alpine white.

interior - oyster which is very light beige, veneto beige, cinnamon brown, black.

mine is sophisto grey with cinnamon brown interior.

this is cinnamon brown, my favorite F10 interior color, although oyster comes close as the interior ambient lighting lights it up very very nicely at night. cinnamon brown kinda dampens the ambient lighting abit.

cosyservlet.jpg

cinnamonbrown.jpg

paultantk;632720 said:
this is cinnamon brown, my favorite F10 interior color, although oyster comes close as the interior ambient lighting lights it up very very nicely at night. cinnamon brown kinda dampens the ambient lighting abit.

cosyservlet.jpg

cinnamonbrown.jpg

does 520d come with ambient lighting?

onghb;632630 said:
Did it at AB? I'm thinking to service it after 2000km like what I did to my e90. And yes this is not covered by bsri

Why are u diesel guys need to service so fast?i got 2300km and i am thinking to get 1st service as per the sevice indicator,which indicates 4000km to service..so the service will be at 6000km.Is it because of diesel engine?

Top Bottom