Retrofit Electrical Rear Sun Blind

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Alex5522;666281 said:
Thanks a lot for the help full information bro aidilj and still the hp cam are more convenience for me ha...ha...

This is a nice retrofit, if you dont mind sharing the cost. But finding the part would be the bigger problem I suppose.

aidilj;666299 said:
This is a nice retrofit, if you dont mind sharing the cost. But finding the part would be the bigger problem I suppose.

Bro i get this used electric rear sun blind very cheap only RM200, but need to re-wrap it to my existing color at Ah Kit Cushion Shop RM100 and most properly another maybe RM30 at my friend's shop to do the wiring control to activate it. So all and all it was more or less RM330-350 for this retrofit sun blind and i consider it was very worthy project.
Thanks and cheers..

eujinee;666771 said:
i want tht...start to hunt for some rear sun blind

wonder where to get it

Bro fyi i am waiting for this stuff online almost one year he..he.. Hope you can get it some day cheers...

beemerback;666995 said:
Hey Alex.......it was a great deal man.......really worth it

Yup bro it was really worthy as i said earlier. But the seller a bid "lan Si" when i meet him, i am trying to ask him to do a test run the blind on his premise but he refuse and said if like that he need a diff price sigh.......at the end i just took it without make any testing lol....

Well bro, you took the gamble and it paid off, lucky for you. The thing is where to get the stock is the problem. My car's foldable wing mirror motor was faulty and no potong kereta shop has it.....at the end my car dealer have to cannibalised another similar car in his dealership to fix it in for me.

Since i am waiting for this retrofit almost 1 year+ and the price is very cheap too, why not i just make a gamble and consider i totally loose RM300 after re-wrap lor...he..he...(consider kalah to Uncle Lim son lor lol...)
About your foldable wing mirror motor faulty, maybe you can send to the rewinding shop to do the rewinding but pls ensure all others parts of the wing mirror are in good shape such as the gear which fold the mirror. Why not have a try, i think wont cost you much bro.

The whole mirror set was changed so I wont need to worry now as it is fixed and it is working now......tks

beemerback;667142 said:
The whole mirror set was changed so I wont need to worry now as it is fixed and it is working now......tks

That's good bro save from your own pocket

my ride has a auto rear blind but the so called holder was broken. any idea where can fix tis problem?

jkd;667509 said:
my ride has a auto rear blind but the so called holder was broken. any idea where can fix tis problem?

Bro sorry to hear that your sun blind holder was broken, try to read through link which provide by bro Aiildj http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=785141
And if not mistaken did read through the case like yours that the holder was broken and it can't be use any more. Just because this holder you can't be clue back. Maybe you can try to find the blind from the forumer from e46fanatic. Hope you can get your replacement soon. Cheers...

My Sun Blind Switch have been fitted and it works perfectly so my retrofit for this project consider completed.
Would like to thanks to all sifu-sifu those who provided me the valuable information especially bro Aildij, bro Jarance and bro Kenny.

Just a blur photo of the control switch for my sun blind taken at night time :eek:
6092576709_0243a2cd7d.jpg

congrats man... beautiful work and thanks for the descriptions

I always fancy these sunshade
so much so that I retrofitted one into my Mercedes W126.
I bought my brand new sunshade from brothers ( the one that is seen on Sonatas)for a corolla Altis.
It was tough as I tried many cushion shops to incoporate it into the rear parcel shelf but they wouldnt want to do the custom fit.
At the end, My car painter did it but workmanship is so so...
Will do some other adjustment or rewrapping later.

ck318ci;667707 said:
congrats man... beautiful work and thanks for the descriptions

I always fancy these sunshade
so much so that I retrofitted one into my Mercedes W126.
I bought my brand new sunshade from brothers ( the one that is seen on Sonatas)for a corolla Altis.
It was tough as I tried many cushion shops to incoporate it into the rear parcel shelf but they wouldnt want to do the custom fit.
At the end, My car painter did it but workmanship is so so...
Will do some other adjustment or rewrapping later.

Bro,
Maybe you can try Ah Kit shop to do the re-wrapping.
Thanks and cheers..

Top Bottom