restoring an e-21

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

-berq-

hello there!!m currently using an e21(everything is stock) as my daily driver n need sum help n opinions from the sifu's on restoring it... :D the car has been wif my family for 20++ yrs,so got sum minor/major probs wif the car...huhu1.got sum squeaky sound from the front suspension2.got sum minor rust probs at the rear bonnet3.got sum minor dents on the front lower bumper(thinking of changing it,but dunno where top get... :( ) n got sum dents on the front upper bumper(the chrome wan)4.got sum sort of rust on the wheels(using the stock 13" heels)5.when stopping n changing gears,the car jerks a little bit,maybe sumthing wrong wif the lower arm,correct me if i'm wrong... :D 6.my radio a little bit weng cos' the antenna broke...hehe7.my electric side mirror n the electrical stuff(lights n car lighter) not working8.my odometer oso not working..huhu...my mech said that its expensive to change.9.n the car is in lack of torque... :(need sum help n opinions from sifu's....cos dunno where,how n how much to do...cos still new to the car... :dunno: thanxs in advance.. :D

When you say lack of torque, do you mean nothing much happens at low rpm? I've driven an E21 323i and an E30 325i and it's the same. Nothing below 3,500 rpm, but they take off after that.

Is your car a carb? If it is, you could try rejetting to suit your driving.

Interested in an Alpina kit? Expensive, but at least it's genuine!

:D

Originally posted by -berq-@Aug 9 2005, 12:43 PM
hello there!!
m currently using an e21(everything is stock) as my daily driver n need sum help n opinions from the sifu's on restoring it... :D
the car has been wif my family for 20++ yrs,so got sum minor/major probs wif the car...huhu

1.got sum squeaky sound from the front suspension
2.got sum minor rust probs at the rear bonnet
3.got sum minor dents on the front lower bumper(thinking of changing it,but dunno where top get... :( ) n got sum dents on the front upper bumper(the chrome wan)
4.got sum sort of rust on the wheels(using the stock 13" heels)
5.when stopping n changing gears,the car jerks a little bit,maybe sumthing wrong wif the lower arm,correct me if i'm wrong... :D
6.my radio a little bit weng cos' the antenna broke...hehe
7.my electric side mirror n the electrical stuff(lights n car lighter) not working
8.my odometer oso not working..huhu...my mech said that its expensive to change.
9.n the car is in lack of torque... :(

need sum help n opinions from sifu's....cos dunno where,how n how much to do...cos still new to the car... :dunno:

thanxs in advance.. :D
Whats your location? Come to the Wangsa Maju/Gombak/Ampang TT session this Sunday.

Then we can do diagnostics.

We're havin one in Bukit Jelutong tomorrow. Official TT is at showru KJ on fridays. Ampang TT (featuring ichiwan2 and his E21 :D ) is gonna be at suzi's corner this sunday.

Refer to Member's meet-up section.

Top Bottom