removal of navigation unit in x3

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

x3m

Club Guest
my 2004 x3 comes with the flip-out navigation screen on the dash.can this unit be removed and replaced with the dash storage bin?and can the head-unit be replaced with one that is without the navigation functions i.e. a standard head-unit?anyone come across this before or know where i can go get this done?

hey mcfir7, just dun see the point in having it, i guess.
everytime i switch the radio "on", the screen does not flip-out, but as soon as i select another frequency, the screen pops out.
it would be nice if it didn't flip out while listening to radio, is there a way to set it this way?
i just want a head-unit that has a single disc slot, a port for reading a pen-drive(mp3) and radio function.
this would be more than enough.
that's why i want to remove the screen, replace with the standard storage bin and change the HU.
wonder if there is a HU that will fit in the ori HU space and comes with orange lighting.

hi bmw7833, i don't get it, "what model"?
it's a 2004 x3, uk spec.
the HU radio, cd and navigation works just fine.
it's just that i rather have a HU that has usb, cd and radio.
replace the flip-up screen with the storage bin.

bmw7833;821726 said:
What model of your x3?
It's an E83 bro...
i was following your thread. if it could fit into an E83 X3, I would be interested too...

bro digerati, ok, if you come across an HU that would fit, please let me know as well.
i am trying to source for the center console bin now, wanting to remove the 6cd changer

Top Bottom