rear brake service

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Barbarian

Club Guest
my I drive is calling for rear brake service. front has about 3k km to go. Should I changed both front and rear at the same time? How much does Autobavaria charge?I notice that my rear pads are wearing much faster than the front. it should be the other way round izzn't it?

Bro, RR should wear off faster coz our UDM is FR not FF car...our car can do drifting if you "want"!

I beg to differ.... from my understanding, it's still the front that should provide more braking power be it FF or FR.... when we brake, the weight is transfer to the front. front brake will have to work harder. Ain't our front disc and rotor larger than the rear?

tats rite, whether it is RWD, FWD or AWD, braking is mostly done at the front therefore front pads wear out faster.

if you do it at the big 4 like AB, SA, Ingress and Quill, the front pads should cost about:-

RM800 (pads) + RM300 (sensor) + RM200 (labour) = RM1,300

If you do it outside the pads are about RM550 and labour perhaps about RM100. U dont have to change the sensor if it is still working...

Good luck...

Thanks..... RM550 is original BMW pads? I heard ppl mentioned that when our pads wear off, it's normally time to change the disc too.... is this true?

yes those are orignal pads.

not true, pads are designed to wear off la, when there's a friction something has to go...therefore it is mostly pads.

original pads do not wear off the discs/rotors much so the rotors can last for quite a long time. i hv heard of people driving their cars until 200,000km and their rotors are still good for use...

Peter Sauber;540926 said:
yes those are orignal pads.

not true, pads are designed to wear off la, when there's a friction something has to go...therefore it is mostly pads.

original pads do not wear off the discs/rotors much so the rotors can last for quite a long time. i hv heard of people driving their cars until 200,000km and their rotors are still good for use...

Peter Sauber, can you give the name & contact of the outside workshop that's doing this brake pad services? Mine RR is due very soon. TQ.

Barbarian;553624 said:
got my front and rear pads changed at M1.... RM833 including the sensors...

Don't mind to tell where is this M1 workshop ?

TQVM

it's near autobavaria, segambut branch.... I got it at special price coz my cousin knows ppl there....

Will try to look for MR Ong when wants to change my break.
Thanks a lot for the info bro.

no no... Mr Ong doesn't work at M1... his shop is one street behind M1.... he repairs accident cases....

Mr ONG your cousin isn't it he..he.. will look for him to get the special price.

Top Bottom