Radio and Power Window

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemer04

Club Guest
Hi all Neeed advise my e36 has the following problem 1. Radio when switched on, no volume but the display screen is lighted and looks ok?2. My power window, I have to press the button non stop before the window goes up, if not the window will stop in the middle, any leads on the fault?

1. Did you have it on "MUTE" mode or volume knob is set to minimum?

2. Window is sticky due to harden rubber. try applying silicon spray grease on the window rubber. it stop because the resistance on the window is high causing the auto current cut-out.
The auto cut out is when the window is fully open or close. The will create a higher current than the normal current. When the controller detect this, it will cut the power to the window.

Bro thanks for the constructive advise, the radio was purchased about 2 years ago Alpine and not on mute or volume at minimum.

My e36 is a coupe, where shall I spray the silicone spray, on the rubber lining?

beemer04;428550 said:
Bro thanks for the constructive advise, the radio was purchased about 2 years ago Alpine and not on mute or volume at minimum.

My e36 is a coupe, where shall I spray the silicone spray, on the rubber lining?

Alpine is non standard HU so cannot help you. Do you have any amplifier installed between the HU and speaker? Maybe the fuse blow for the amplifier.

Yes, you spray it on the rubber lining where you see the window panes glides or in contact with the rubber lining.

beemer04;428550 said:

Alpine is non standard HU so cannot help you. Do you have any amplifier installed between the HU and speaker? Maybe the fuse blow for the amplifier.

Yes, you spray it on the rubber lining where you see the window panes glides or in contact with the rubber lining.

Top Bottom