Problems with PA Soft v1.4.0 Scanner Installation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

YK9

Club Guest
Hi all,

Just bought the PA Soft v1.4.0 and having problems installing it.
Can't seem to get the driver installed properly for windows 7 x64 bit.

Would appreciate it if anyone has successfully installed it sharetheir experience on how to resolve the issue

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried again and seems like the drivers are installed but when connected to the car OBD, it says "BMW Scanner adapter not plugged in" in yellow light at the side.
Any help wpuld be much appreciated.

Thank you.

did you plug the module in properly? when it is plugged properly, there is a red indication light on the front of the diagnostic tool. (just on top of the label. You may have to peel off the black sticker)

Jarance, yes the red light was there.

Fouund my old laptop with windows 7 x32bit. Successfully installed the software and got it worked perfectly. Thanks to Jarance for his step by step guide in page 1 of this thread.
Also managed to resolved the "tampered" dot issue due to a replacement of a used LCM module into my car. Will share this in more detail in another thread later.

In the meantime, will also continue to try to fix the installation problem in my laptop with windows 7 x64 bit.

Sorry, I meant page 1 from another thread on a similar topic

YK9 said:
Jarance, yes the red light was there.

Fouund my old laptop with windows 7 x32bit. Successfully installed the software and got it worked perfectly. Thanks to Jarance for his step by step guide in page 1 of this thread.
Also managed to resolved the "tampered" dot issue due to a replacement of a used LCM module into my car. Will share this in more detail in another thread later.

In the meantime, will also continue to try to fix the installation problem in my laptop with windows 7 x64 bit.
I think you have not installed the driver properly for the USB. There is a special procedure to do it. I have done it long time ago for win7 64bits.

jarance said:
I think you have not installed the driver properly for the USB. There is a special procedure to do it. I have done it long time ago for win7 64bits.
Yes, I think you're right but till now I am still unable to do it. Do you by any chance have the procedure? Thanks.

YK9, I have send the procedure to your email. Please let me know whether it works or not.

Have not gotten it to work properly...I suspect it is my laptop issue....will look for another windows 7 x64 bit and try it out again. Will update here later

I just install the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 program and got it running on my Win8/64bit computer..

bro J...there's an app for android...BMWhat...have you tried this?I takut la....pakai phone to troubleshoot our cars....

moots said:
bro J...there's an app for android...BMWhat...have you tried this?I takut la....pakai phone to troubleshoot our cars....
Nope.. have not. I think the interface is elm327. astroboy have one. ask AB for more info.

I have seen someone shared bmw scanner 1.4.0 win7 tutorial on facebook. Anyone need it please pm me.

Top Bottom