problems E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chukzy

Club Guest
my e34 is a m20 engine, i had this problem of the trembling wheel and the whole car becomes unstable when speed is over 80km/h. i changed the suspensions, bushes, undercarriage, rims and tyres, and still the same thing happens... i need help here to solve it... thx

Hi bro, i ve had the same prob last time..changed so many things, undercarriage bushes, antiroll bar bushes etc...but never worked...it was caused by my rear tyres..changed both n problem solved..have u changed the rear ones?

I did overhaul my steering rack, changed the lower arms.etc too many too mention..i got new tyres up front, thinking that it could be the cause..i was told the rear-driven cars experience this quite often..the inner part of my rear tyres worn out cause the car to shake at 80kmh to 95kmh... it cruises wel above 100kmhl..pening juga...luckilly it was finally solved

JFT63;570838 said:
I did overhaul my steering rack, changed the lower arms.etc too many too mention..i got new tyres up front, thinking that it could be the cause..i was told the rear-driven cars experience this quite often..the inner part of my rear tyres worn out cause the car to shake at 80kmh to 95kmh... it cruises wel above 100kmhl..pening juga...luckilly it was finally solved

having the same problem last time with my e34
changed to new tyre conti sport contact front and rear
problem solved.

JFT63;570838 said:

Problem solved?...how?

quote JFT63:the inner part of my rear tyres worn out cause the car to shake at 80kmh to 95kmh...

Same! I had this issue couple of years ago where my car wobbled between 40kmh to around 80kmh, and after 80 you hardly felt it. Inner part of rear tyre was worn, had Contis then.

using aftermarket rims?? try to install oem rims and see how will it goes..

did you try changing the center transmission shaft I think there is a bush there... I had that problem before and I think that was what my mechanic changed..

Top Bottom