Problem with my E28 air-cond

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maelzx

Club Guest
Greetings,Today while preparing my car to go to tonight dinner, I found out that my air-cond is not working.It blows air, quite cool air, but there is no sound of working air-cond .. you know, the sound that it makes when the air-cond is working like "ketik .... brmmmmm" somethoing like that ... may car dosnt have that sound.So what could be the problem ? I know nuts about E28 (still a long way to learn). Please do tell me whats wrong and possibly fixed it myself. If possible show me also how and where to check.Regards,maelzx

THat means that the compressor never cut in maybe one of the fuse got blown happened to me once after sending for car for washing. Check the fuse box.

Thanks for your reply.

So many problem happen o my E28 lately ... But still I cant manage to hate it :p

Will check the fuse box.

Regards,
maelzx

Originally posted by Bmmad318i@May 1 2005, 10:34 AM
THat means that the compressor never cut in maybe one of the fuse got blown happened to me once after sending for car for washing. Check the fuse box.
I am having the same problem lately I find that my A/C feels at times blowing air only and thinking that the gas is less I go for refill then its the same so next day went again and that nut A/C man without checking and I feel he is a lazy bum says your compressor need to change so I cabut so sick, then went to KL a friends shop at Bangsar told him about it at least he checks one by one and told me change my filter and something under the glove compartment looks like a join donoo what they call it at least I was a little happy about it and he says if that don't work got to check d compressor. well feels cool after all done cabut spent about 166RM not that xpencive I consider filter he charge me if not wrong only RM 50 new one the rest are gas RM20 KL price (Sban RM18) the join 55 and w/manship no complain lah as Sban quote me filter something like 100 well if you don't know all sorts of prices you get so its good to have friends around you don't feel cheated have to be reasonable lah. back to the story as I left the w/shop about 2km I had the same problem warm air comes back frust lah but if you on it if its click you can hear it you get it cool but if it don't you get warm air but long distance ok I still got to go back for check not blamming them nothing is impossible, then get an advice from an automotive engineer got another advice your compressor clutch I think the front section if it clicks you get the cool air if not warm air and according to him it can be repaired if the compressor kong it don't work and don't change the compressor he says so if a lazy mech will ask you to change if can why not repair unless we fly like airplane all change aja, I remember I ever get blown fuse at times sometime back and its the clutch that short make us held of a problem affects my power window after repaired no more problem it was not solve from the previous owner who gave up and told me to change fuse if that happen. so I still feel something to do with the clutch to check. its nice to change new if money grow on trees I will just buy a new car when anything fails.at time our judgement is better then the mech as we are using our car daily and normally I catch the fault first and tell them what to do. good luck and will inform you if mine be ok. :rofl:

Originally posted by maelzx@May 1 2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks for your reply.

So many problem happen o my E28 lately ... But still I cant manage to hate it :p

Will check the fuse box.

Regards,
maelzx
Let us know if u're problem solved OK ;)

Rezzy,
Is it u're coil leaking already??? How do u know coil leaking ....frequent top up of refrigerant is one of the sign. If so have to change coil, lots of work involved have to remove dash board to gain access to the coil!!

The clutch for the compressor is a magneto(magnet) yes u're right can be changed with out changing the whole compressor. As for mine the a/c system is not original BMW was changed by the previous owner to a Jap brand.

well i check the fuse box. but there is nothing wrong there.

so have no choice, i brought it to mechanic.

the problem is the a/c motor isn't running. because of some wire turns to be in very bad conditions ... so he replace the wire joiner .. something like that ... and the a/c kicks in no problem.

the mechanic advice me to replace filter, and fill oli (nasa) .. and refill the gas. i ask for price quotation, he said overall RM 123 (good number isnt it ?) ... thinking for some time then i said go on :)

RM 123 for filter, gas refill, nasa oil (still didnt what's it for ??), gas refill, wire joiner + labor charge (the mechanic really sweat alot when working on my car, i pity him a lil. the weather is quite hot today) is cheap or what ??

if i know it was because of wire joiner, i would have fixed it myself .. lol.

:yahoo: lucky you bro now you had done it and enjoy yourself and I am still having the problem yet to rectify it hope soon.

Top Bottom