Price database for RFT tyres only

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RIKI

Club Guest
Guys,I am finding it really hard to source RFT tyre prices in the forum. Most prices quoted are non-rft's.Some of us like to maintain RFT tyres on our car as I think the suspension has been tuned for such tyresAnyone have bought or quoted any RFT tyre prices recently , please feel free to update the listThanks all. Let's see if we will get feedback for this thread :top:1. Tyre Size/Rim Size :2. Maker/Model :3. Price :4. Location of Purchase:5. Date of Purchase/quoted : (Optional)eg. 225/45/R17 - Michelin Pilot Preceda 2, RM550, Kim Heng, Sunway, August 2009Latest Update========A. 17" Tyres - RFT1. 225/45/R17 - Continental CsC2, RM1,200, tyrepac.com.my (online),August 20092. 225/45/R17 - Pirelli eufori, RM953, tyrepac.com.my (online), August 20093. 225/45/R17 - Continental CsC2, RM1330, Lim tayar, Sept. 2009 ( still waiting for any discount)B. 18" Tyres - RFT 1. 225/45/R18 - Bridgestone RE050, RM1700, Lim Tayar, TTDI (Aug 09) 2. 255/35/R18 - Bridgestone RE050, RM1800, Lim Tayar, TTDI (Aug 09) updated 2 Sept. 2009

Bro, not much point sourcing for prices if there are not many brands/models available. The market for replacement RFTs is extremely small. I couldn't get Michelins or Pirellis when I wanted to get my replacement, and had to settle for a Bridgestone RE050A 18" 255 rear tyre was RM1,800. I could be wrong, but I think only Contis and Bridgestones are readily available here.

Schwepps;450736 said:
Bro, not much point sourcing for prices if there are not many brands/models available. The market for replacement RFTs is extremely small. I couldn't get Michelins or Pirellis when I wanted to get my replacement, and had to settle for a Bridgestone RE050A 18" 255 rear tyre was RM1,800. I could be wrong, but I think only Contis and Bridgestones are readily available here.

I thought so....
I might call Lim tayar at Ampang to ask them if they have any CSC2 or CSC3 RFT's
The current one is beginning to feel and sound harsh.

Cheers

I would be interested in getting RFT tyre as well for my E90 325 M Sports, provided the ride is softer. Some forumers says the the new models have softer side walls...

Update for you:

1. 225/45/R18 - Bridgestone RE050, RM1700, Lim Tayar, TTDI (Aug 09)
2. 255/35/R18 - Bridgestone RE050, RM1800, Lim Tayar, TTDI (Aug 09)

I hv driven RFT and Non RFT...i find no big difference in the handling, the corners, etc...works the same. In fact, Non RFT is lighter... Ps: Both on the same car..

racheltoh;451075 said:
I hv driven RFT and Non RFT...i find no big difference in the handling, the corners, etc...works the same. In fact, Non RFT is lighter... Ps: Both on the same car..

The major differences are:

Comfort: RFT uncomfortable. :thumpdown:
Price: RFT price a lot higher. :thumpdown:
Performance: RFT heavier. :thumpdown:
Safety: RFT is bullet proof! :top:

P/S: Remember, we have no spare tyre. So for whatever other tyres u choose, be mindful of this.

astroboy;451087 said:
The major differences are:

Comfort: RFT uncomfortable. :thumpdown:
Price: RFT price a lot higher. :thumpdown:
Performance: RFT heavier. :thumpdown:
Safety: RFT is bullet proof! :top:

P/S: Remember, we have no spare tyre. So for whatever other tyres u choose, be mindful of this.

3 thumb down & 1 thumb up = NON RFT tyres is the winner. But that 1 thumb up can solve a lot of problems

JUST CHKD WITH PIRELLI in Glenmarie by phone only- P ZERO- 225/45/R17- RM1180 AND 255/40/R17-RM1650. The reason I chkd out this because lately PIRELLI P-ZERO has been winning alot of road test awards and they have also introduced the RFT version-same tread pattern-But need to confirm if its the same pattern-Any of you guys out there have any info on this or using them?

etquah;451359 said:
3 thumb down & 1 thumb up = NON RFT tyres is the winner. But that 1 thumb up can solve a lot of problems

For those who choose RFT, what do you really do when you encounter a flat tyre?, say in remote places.
Or even in the city for that matter.

Do you keep on driving to the nearest safe place and call AAM or the likes and get towed back to a tyre shop to change the puncture tyre?

Is that the main benefit of an RFT? :106:
I am really tempted to go non-rft + mobility kit

Should be the same pattern as the PZero Rosso buddy. Pirellis are top class (as is their calendar :)) and the pricing is comparable. I wanted to get them too, but unfortunately GSH didn't stock 18" and still don't. Might ask them to order in when it comes time for me to change. Please try them and let us know how you find them :D

RIKI;457755 said:
For those who choose RFT, what do you really do when you encounter a flat tyre?, say in remote places.
Or even in the city for that matter.

Do you keep on driving to the nearest safe place and call AAM or the likes and get towed back to a tyre shop to change the puncture tyre?

Is that the main benefit of an RFT? :106:
I am really tempted to go non-rft + mobility kit

RFT will not go "flat" due to the super thick and stiff side wall. So even with zero pressure, its circumference and shape will sort of remain and appear healthy to the naked eyes. This is where your RFT indicator should prompt u a warning on the OBC display.

What do u do?

Yes, continue driving! don't simply stop at the road side because if someone were to sabotage your tyres, they will be following you closely with parangs and axes.

Just go to the nearest tyre shop for to let them inspect your tyres. If late lio and you don't notice anyone following u, just go straight to petrol kiosk to pump it up, then proceed to go home and worry about the next morning.. :p :D :D

Oh! one more thing, don't speed > 100kph with RFT warning illuminated. You are still safe to drive a distance of 100km with zero pressure RFT.. if not wrong.

RIKI, read my recent thread (June) for my real-life experience of a complete flat with an RFT. Basically, you can keep driving for up to 80 or 100km depending on the tyre (stated on the tyre wall) but keep the speed low at around 60km if you want to repair and reuse it - it gets VERY hot. To save the tyre, drive as short a distance and as low a speed as you can at zero air pressure.

The benefit of RFTs is the safety, because mine went completely flat at 100kmh on the road and none of my passengers even noticed. They only knew when I told them when we got home! :top:

Schwepps;457812 said:
Should be the same pattern as the PZero Rosso buddy. Pirellis are top class (as is their calendar :)) and the pricing is comparable. I wanted to get them too, but unfortunately GSH didn't stock 18" and still don't. Might ask them to order in when it comes time for me to change. Please try them and let us know how you find them :D

Thanks bro for the info. But I'm wondering if the new tyre that came in is just PIRELLI P-ZERO...its different than P-ZERO-ROSSO/NERO etc.I will try to drop by the place and confirm thr pattern and inform you guys soon. You chk the Pirelli web site for the diff pattern of the tyre on the P-ZERO range. The one that won the awards lately was P-ZERO...Will update soon guys.takecare:wink:

Hey INDI, my apologies, I used the Rosso nomenclature without remembering my June research properly.

See the Pirelli models available in RFT here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/pirelli/pirelli-tires.jsp
The thread patterns are the same for PZero non-RFT and PZero RFT. But yes, you need to confirm which PZero RFT model GSH is selling.

And see where the PZero sits on the Tirerack survey for 'Max Performance Summer' :) :http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Unfortunately, only Bridgestone RFTs are rated on this survey, hence I hope you will try the Pirellis and report :D

On the basis of the performance of the Pirelli PZero and Michellin PS2, I was willing to try their RFT versions if they were available at that time. After all, the only diff is the sidewall thickness and structure. But I couldn't wait for stock because my car was legless, so I had to settle for another Bridgestone (which is fine by me) ;)

Decided to go for non-rft CSC3

first 500 km, definitely more supple and quieter ride ( since I am comparing with my previous worn out CSC2 rft's). The ride is really nice through our city streets

But I am missing the handling of the old tyres. The CSC3 grips but seems “squirmish”
when pushed through my favorites Putrajaya highway corners. Very disconcerting.

Maybe I should wait for while until the tyre settles down...
will report after a few more hundreds km's

so RFT better or Non RFT?
I need to change all 4 of them.
pls advise.
tq

RIKI;465501 said:
Decided to go for non-rft CSC3

first 500 km, definitely more supple and quieter ride ( since I am comparing with my previous worn out CSC2 rft's). The ride is really nice through our city streets

But I am missing the handling of the old tyres. The CSC3 grips but seems “squirmish”
when pushed through my favorites Putrajaya highway corners. Very disconcerting.

Maybe I should wait for while until the tyre settles down...
will report after a few more hundreds km's

Bro, did you get the mobility tyre kit as well? Care to share what sort of kit ur having?

cheers:top:

Top Bottom