POWER WIndow E46 malfunction

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kasmankk

Official Member
Hi:something is not right with the driver's side power window (e46 320 m-sport).to wind window down : ok , one touch will roll down the windowto wind window UP : not ok . The window just roll up if your maintain pulling up the switch.i just noticed this happened a few days ago.Is there anyway to reset it?all other 3 windows are working fine.Now i can't wind up the driver's window with one touch ! very not convinent after paying toll, parking ticket and etc.Pls help. TQ

i believe its the button, not sure if u can only change the faulty 1 or have to buy all 4 pcs in a set, pls feedback to us

Mine also exactly the same except on front passenger side & its an E39:stupid:
Keep us update if u managed to solve it:love:

kasmankk;358045 said:
Hi:

something is not right with the driver's side power window (e46 320 m-sport).
to wind window down : ok , one touch will roll down the window
to wind window UP : not ok . The window just roll up if your maintain pulling up the switch.

i just noticed this happened a few days ago.

Is there anyway to reset it?
all other 3 windows are working fine.
Now i can't wind up the driver's window with one touch ! very not convinent after paying toll, parking ticket and etc.

Pls help. TQ

If I am not mistaken, there is a safety feature in the power window to stop motor if the running current exceed the set limit. As it is easier to wind down the window than to wind up, hence no problem when going down. Suggest that you lubricate the rubber of the window and also the inner mechanism of the lifter.

IT IS working now

actually it was fix a week ago.
lock door
unlock and hold unlock (using remote) to wind down all windows
lock and hold to wind up all windows.

Problem just went away !

or try this :
1. roll the window all the way down
2. roll the window all the way up
3. hold the up button for 3-5sec when window is fully closed.

This should recalibrate the auto roll-up feature. Hope this help.
Cheers

Top Bottom