Peake Research

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bangibimmer

Club Guest
Hi has anybody ever heard of or used peake research bmw reset tool? interested to know as i believe it is one of the cheapest and smallest reset tool. It can also read fault code. At least we know what is wrong with the car prior to delivery to the mechanics.Just trying not to be ripped off by the sharks out there....

I have it and would recommend it.

since alot of you guys are pretty close by....maybe yall can share and get one.

i think new ones run around US$140

Hi Frank,

we have to order it direct from peake research u mean? Kena tax or not when you bought it?

I live in the US and bought it there...u can buy it from many vendors. Not sure who sells it in malaysia.

Its a very small gadget...so maybe someone going to the US can pick it up?

i'm thinking about asking a friend to pick it up for me but the earliest he will be going to US is mid next year. I might as well order it. Like i said it may be taxed upon arrival. Anyway it good to hear its works for u. it should be very useful to me too. It should comes together with the manual and code encryption. At least i can prevent the mechanics telling me to change parts unnecessarily and will save me a lot of time and money.

yes it comes with a small plastic case and the manual. The manual will have all the codes with the description. So yes its very helpful prior to taking to your mechanic. In some cases u can save a trip there.

It saved me a few trips, when my ignition coils went bad - one after another.
So i just changed it myself.

I've ordered the tool, Frank. Just dunno how long till it gets into my hand. I may have to refer to you in the future. Hope u don't mind helping me on how to use it correctly. Thanks again

I got the reset tool already. only 4 days after ordering it from US. Yap its quite handy and small. I've tried it on my car and fortunately no faulty code appears :yahoo: I hope now i'm better informed before seeing the mechs.

wow that was really quick.

everything should be in the manual. but if u need any tips etc...let me know...

:D

Originally posted by bangibimmer@Aug 16 2005, 06:57 PM
I got the reset tool already. only 4 days after ordering it from US. Yap its quite handy and small. I've tried it on my car and fortunately no faulty code appears :yahoo: I hope now i'm better informed before seeing the mechs.
wow!! its really fast.. :eek:

it is kind handy tool for diy people out there..

mind if i ask the price? and can it use on E21. A friend of mine is looking for one. Did you order thru peakeresearch.com? :D

Yup, ordered through their website. Costs me around USD172.50 inclusive of courier service. Mine is R5/FCX-11 for cars 1995 to 2000 if i'm not mistaken. suitable with 20 pins connector.

Top Bottom