Passenger side Rear Seat Footwell Collecting Water

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
Bro's,Just made a distressing discovering, my passenger side rear seat footwell is collecting water....its not like a major puddle of water but when pressing down on the carpet can feel water seep through....crap....anyone have this problem before? It was raining just now so i presume water is leaking in from someplace..but where??? :eek:

could be from
1. your window
2. your door seal
3. your windscreen seal
4. your firewall
5. your fresh air duct from the engine top( kidney sausage duct)
6. you left your door ajar ?

most likey is item 5.

check it out..

This is the common problem for e39, poor design. Go and ask ur mechanic to refix it, their should know what's going wrong.

Thanks bmw7833, i just spoke to my mech, he mentioned that its probably the door seal...seems to be a usual problem with the e39....he's not free today so i am hoping it doesnt rain tonight...hahahah..

had that problem. turned out that the footwell was rusting and water was coming up from below.

My problem should be kao tim already....the moisture barrier was not stuck on tightly, certain spots were loose, i guess thats normaly as a car ages....well one thing i learnt from watching the mechs do it was....not to try doing it myself..hahah...its such a pain to open the door panel, so many screws and clips and etc...its all worth it..the doors so so solid :)

Replay;263056 said:
My problem should be kao tim already....the moisture barrier was not stuck on tightly, certain spots were loose, i guess thats normaly as a car ages....well one thing i learnt from watching the mechs do it was....not to try doing it myself..hahah...its such a pain to open the door panel, so many screws and clips and etc...its all worth it..the doors so so solid :)

So how much u repair it?

cost me RM30....and it took almost 3 hours....30 mins to take off and stick the barrier back..and another 2.5 hours to get the door panel back on properly...

hope ur problem solved, i would believe the water is coming thru the door seal, common with E39.

problem just cropped up again...past few days has been raining quite heavy in kl...my rear footwell carpet is damp again.......back to the mechs....

Hope u can solve ur problem, then tell me the solution..Now the problem like nightmare to me..Flood everywhere in Johor..

Just had my windscreen (cracked) changed together with the rubber lining and sealant. No more windnoise and no more leaking. Had leaks from the windscreen when it was raining heavily, front passenger carpet was wet and saw water coming in just below the dashboard. I was there looking at the job being done, true enuf, the sealant of the windscreen was not sticking well and there was a gap. Now, all ok.

seems like water getting into the footwells is a normal problems for our cars..darn..now my cars come up with AC problems...and its been especially hot these past few days....somemore i got couple of client meetings this week...die.... :(

Top Bottom