panas....panasss......

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
well.....last friday while idling for 15 mins waiting for friends for friday prayers,the temp gauge crept up to the 3/4 mark and i was like what the hey.....!drove off straight away to cool the rad and it came back to center.whew...maybe the viscous fan was sleeping.thought nothing of it.on the way home...it crept up again.caught in traffic,i pulled over to not risk blowing the engine.didn't bother to open up the bonnet.tired la after work.called wifey to pick me up.after 10pm,went back to car with 3 litres of water. found the reservoir empty.filled it(all 3 litres of it) and bled it a bit..drove straight home.(5 km drive).saturday found the leak at the thermostat housing due to cracking thermostat 'O' ring.changed the profile gasket as well while i am at it. gasket rm 5 and O ring rm 3 = rm 8.....total costwow...i wish all my repairs cost this much.....NOT:rolleyes:View attachment 29778

wooow bro u so lucky to have stop by the road side...ur tmpt gauge almost max...
so the culprit is the thermostat housing....

Need to have visual inspection for this...it is quite prone to e39

Bro Moots boleh diagnose dan repair sendiri....buka thermostat dan ganti part. berapa caj akan dikenakan jika dibawa ke workshop..

JFT63;818046 said:
Need to have visual inspection for this...it is quite prone to e39

hi bro, visual inspection as in you would need to open the whole thing out ?

ah-singh;818396 said:

No need bro, just have a closer look at the item to see if u find any sign of leak. Normally if u use collant, the white mark of coolant is visible there.

ah-singh;818396 said:
Just open ur bonnet do some inspection visually if there is any coolant leaking...straight away can notice meh...
depends what coolant ur are using...white...blue...red...so many in the market...

E46 the reservoir tank n.thermostat housing same brittle. Think they not made for our weather. The joint same have mine small crack too

KengKok;818463 said:
E46 the reservoir tank n.thermostat housing same brittle. Think they not made for our weather. The joint same have mine small crack too
That is normal bro...
What year is ur ride...

Top Bottom